What's new

Chris Hein Solo Cello Upgrade

Pixelee

I went to his website and it seems like there is an upgrade for solo violin and viola to the whole bundle, but no the cello. Violin and Cello seems like the same price so I'm not sure why Cello doesn't not have any upgrade path.

I went to his website and it seems like there is an upgrade for solo violin and viola to the whole bundle, but no the cello. Violin and Cello seems like the same price so I'm not sure why Cello doesn't not have any upgrade path.

Have you contacted Chris? He is an easy going guy who posts here from time to time. Send him an email and I'm sure he can either set you up with an upgrade path (ask nicely) or tell you why not. He usually has good reasons for everything he does. Nice guy. :)
This is the address he likes to use for support questions. He usually responds fairly quickly (within 24-48hrs). Cheers!
[email protected]

Have you contacted Chris? He is an easy going guy who posts here from time to time. Send him an email and I'm sure he can either set you up with an upgrade path (ask nicely) or tell you why not. He usually has good reasons for everything he does. Nice guy. :)
This is the address he likes to use for support questions. He usually responds fairly quickly (within 24-48hrs). Cheers!
[email protected]

Thank you so much! I just bought the solo cello at Best Service as I saw they have the upgrade path from cello to the whole solo strings bundle. I hope the upgrade will be on sale on Black Friday. I'm really digging the cello! I'm sure their violins are lovely as well!

Thank you so much! I just bought the solo cello at Best Service as I saw they have the upgrade path from cello to the whole solo strings bundle. I hope the upgrade will be on sale on Black Friday. I'm really digging the cello! I'm sure their violins are lovely as well!

Yes, they are a great set, especially if you like the way it’s setup. I upgraded at a random sale near the end of last year where it was amazingly cheap to upgrade, so subscribe to their newsletter and best service, who sells it. Check out JRR shop or Audio Deluxe during a sale to get an extra discount in cart. Usually 10-15% more off. They could do another sale anytime this spring or summer. Cheers.

I’m vaguely remembering that the Cello was the first CH string to come with multiple (I think two) distinct recorded cellos. So, he then upgraded the other strings to include two distinct recorded instruments (plus upgrading some features so that the older ones matched the cello in features/capabilities).

(He then used those multiple instruments to make his string ensemble, iirc.)

That’s all from memory; it could be wrong. But I think it’s why there isn’t a cello upgrade available.

I’m vaguely remembering that the Cello was the first CH string to come with multiple (I think two) distinct recorded cellos. So, he then upgraded the other strings to include two distinct recorded instruments (plus upgrading some features so that the older ones matched the cello in features/capabilities).

(He then used those multiple instruments to make his string ensemble, iirc.)

That’s all from memory; it could be wrong. But I think it’s why there isn’t a cello upgrade available.

Since then he has upgraded all the instruments so we have either three or four of each. I'm not sure why no such upgrade is available either

Top Bottom