What's new

Can you recommend a tool that will delete junk files for me?

sweeperxx

Hello everyone. I am using Windows 11. So far, I have deleted the ".temp" files that have accumulated over time. Besides these, can you recommend any tool that will automatically do the cleaning necessary for routine use for me? I have never touched the registry files. I was worried that it would affect performance badly.

Maybe there are other files besides temp that I need to delete...

Glary Utiliries, but also get Revo Uninstaller so it gets rid of everything even registry keys when you uninstall.

Both free

Glary Utiliries, but also get Revo Uninstaller so it gets rid of everything even registry keys when you uninstall.

Both free
Glary Utilities seems to me to be a bit ad-supported and a resource hog in the background? Have you used it?

Especially as someone who has turned off and fine-tuned everything that consumes resources on my system, I am meticulous before using such programs:)

I use CleanmgrPlus and BleachBit.

In BleachBit preferences I enable the "Download and update cleaners from community (winapp2.ini)"
KKrzKMe.png

For Google Chrome, do not enable LOGS or it will conflict with some extensions.
99vQxFf.png

And do not enable "Update uninstallers".
fJycwql.png

Hello everyone. I am using Windows 11. So far, I have deleted the ".temp" files that have accumulated over time. Besides these, can you recommend any tool that will automatically do the cleaning necessary for routine use for me? I have never touched the registry files. I was worried that it would affect performance badly.

Maybe there are other files besides temp that I need to delete...
I just did a full reinstall and video editing went from unusable to breeezy :) I am not reinstalling Chrome as that is such a resource hog and does not add anything over Edge for me anyway
I have used bleachbit in the past and manged not to break anything :) Hoping not to need it this time

Maybe version or the option to download and update cleaners from community (winapp2.ini)

Maybe version or the option to download and update cleaners from community (winapp2.ini)
>>New winapp2.ini was downloaded.
Closing and relaunching apparently enabled additional options. Thx!
BTW, this is powerful software with numerous options, some of which can be risky. I'd still recommend CCleaner as being a safer solution for non-geeks at default settings.

Glary Utilities seems to me to be a bit ad-supported and a resource hog in the background? Have you used it?

I do use both, use the start-up tool where you chose to not load when booting, nothing runs in background rather what I need or can't stop (like Defender). The files and folders tool is great to find out folder sizes on libraries.

I’ve used wise cleaner for years. I only use it when I want to (once per month) - not in the background.

I also use wiz tree every once in awhile to visually look at what’s taking space.

Windows also has a built in startup program list and I disable some things there from starting on boot.

Those are both free.

Last edited:
I use Ashampoo Winoptimizer, Tree File Size Free. Interesting with the (d)evolving OS disk space seems to creep up on its own. I also like to be aware of what is going to be deleted. I still enable Windows System Restore just in case.

Top Bottom