What's new

Brass for Trailer music

I would guess that the OT Metropolis Arc Series would have lots of Trailerish Brass :)

Plus Audio Imperia's Jaeger.

Angry Brass Pro seems perfect for this, and you may still be able to grab it on sale right now, though it's technically a few days past the stated end date. Sale prices are still up.

Here's a track I made with Trailer Brass:

(There are some other libraries used, but no other brass libs). I agree Angry Brass and MA1 have some great trailer-y brass sounds! I think Jager / Talos could also be strong here but I don't own these (yet).

Here's a track I made with Trailer Brass:

(There are some other libraries used, but no other brass libs). I agree Angry Brass and MA1 have some great trailer-y brass sounds! I think Jager / Talos could also be strong here but I don't own these (yet).

Well done! Trailer brass does sound quite nice and really does capture that stereotypical trailer sound. I have Jaeger and Talos, and I think they're great, but personally I'm looking to supplement them with something more to write more cinematic or video game style of music.

I think Talos is great (maybe not for 400$ though) as it has a great list of articulations and definitely has a great out of box sound. One criticism is that it's only a 12 horn patch and a low brass patch (I wish the low brass were split up).

I think Jaeger's brass is OK, but I feel it's missing some key articulations (no marcatos). I think it's a good starting point, but definitely could use another lib to supplement.

U can use any brass library for trailer music! Just learn the mixing / sound rules. You can get good brass results only by using the oldest brass libs ....! ;)

100% agree. It's the underlying principles that matter, not the library - within reason of course.

In this track, I used Nucleus (which shares some low brass ensemble patches with Talos) and the free Angry Brass. Majestic Horn is also in there. Perhaps it'll be useful to someone in the run-up to Black Friday!

Top Bottom