What's new

Barber's Adagio for Strings - VI versions

Finally I managed to take the Adagio for Strings by Samuel Barber from my mockup/remake bucket list, adding it to this challenging thread. I'm combining BBCSO Pro Strings and Appassionata Strings. As for passion, expression and dynamics I was inspired by the intense performance of Leonard Bernstein with the New York Philharmonic. More production info is to be found in the description of my video.

Last edited:
And there it is, finally I managed to take this one from my mockup bucket list adding it to this Adagio thread; the tremendous Adagio for Strings. Combining BBCSO Pro and Appassionata Strings. As for passion, expression and dynamics I sort of went after the intense performance by Leonard Bernstein with the New York Philharmonic.

I joyed it a lot! Beautiful, expressive and intense, good sound and mix.
Thank you for sharing.

And there it is, finally I managed to take this one from my mockup bucket list adding it to this Adagio thread; the tremendous Adagio for Strings. Combining BBCSO Pro and Appassionata Strings. As for passion, expression and dynamics I sort of went after the intense performance by Leonard Bernstein with the New York Philharmonic.
Good mix, dynamics well realized bravo.
But there is one fact that reveals your track as a sample version after a short time: endless legati. There are simply no bows that long. Perhaps it would help to draw the bowings in the sheet music or listening to Bernstein again...

All the best, Beat

Dammit - everyone's turning out beautiful mock ups today!! <looks at small pile of unfinished, abandoned mockups> 😂

Anyways - I enjoyed this version a lot - lovely work!

PS: I think I would have made the same selection of BBCSO and Appassionata. Actually, I might try it with BSS and / or BCS... You're giving me ideas here!

I didn’t realize there was an entire thread about this piece’s mockups! Nice work here…
Then i should also post my mockup as well:)

Excerpt 2:

Good mix, dynamics well realized bravo.
But there is one fact that reveals your track as a sample version after a short time: endless legati. There are simply no bows that long. Perhaps it would help to draw the bowings in the sheet music or listening to Bernstein again...

All the best, Beat
Thank you Beat. Hmm, either my digital string orchestra is good at making these flawless bowchanges or I could have made a better balance concerning legato versus slurred legato articulation.

Top Bottom