What's new

Are there any Vochlea Dubler users here?

lychee

Hello.

Being quite a good singer and not having great keyboard skills, I took Imitone to help me compose instead of the classic piano roll.
But it turns out that Imitone is too sensitive and despite singing the right note, it still produces unwanted notes.
So I would have liked to know if there are Vochlea Dubler users among you in order to get feedback, and to know if Vochlea's solution is a good product?

While waiting for your answers, I will try with Ovox, which is basically a vocoder but which has an option giving the possibility to export our voice as midi data.

I bought Dubler when it was a Kickstarter project, and I haven't yet been able to get it to function well enough to use. I'd tried Imitone as well, and still think that app has promise, but development is painfully slow.

Dubler has the same issue that Imitone has as far as being too sensitive. My vocal ability isn't great, so my pitch wobbles quite a bit. Dubler has options for constraining pitches to a particular key or scale, which helps, but that's not ideal for my purposes. Vochlea recently updated the application to address issues with pitch tracking, and introduced ways to enhance stickiness. That seemed to result in the application doing a better job, but unfortunately, I found that latency really increased with this update, making it unusable.

The product seemed very much geared toward beatboxing initially, and I think it probably works well for that purpose. I'm hoping that Vochlea will focus now on enhancing pitch tracking, so I'm hanging onto the system for a while longer to see what develops.

Thanks for your reply frost05 and sorry for my late reaction.

Do you think that the latency can be reduced with the driver parameters and a powerful machine (I plan to buy a big computer soon)?

@lychee, I think it might be possible. I use Dubler through Logic, and I tried reducing the buffer per the recommendations on Vochlea's website. I also tried to maximize CPU resources by not having any other applications running and reducing DAW plugins to a minimum.

None of the adjustments I made reduced latency enough for the software to be usable, unfortunately. But again per their site, it looks there are more options for dealing with latency on Windows machines, and maybe the software could run better on Windows. Also, my Mac is a 5,1 Power Mac. It's powerful enough to run large Logic sessions, but it might not be an optimal platform for Dubler. I haven't seen Vochlea's system recommendations for Dubler, but I can't help but think that a more powerful system would handle the application's demands all the better.

Top Bottom