What's new

Any Super Aggressive Omnisphere Soundsets?

Although they're expensive, if Omnisphere is something you use often you should look at their Sonic Extensions. Undercurrent is gritty and tense, it has some pads/beds, but everything has an unsettling quality about it... Seismic Shock is fully of heavily distorted synths/electronic patches, it's the grittiest library that I've found... As you'd expect from Spectrasonics, they're a cut above anything else...

Everything else I'd recommend is a mixed bag... The Unfinished, Sonic Underworld, etc. That said, GaiKaiju is really good as well.

EDITED... If you don't have GaiKaiju you really should check it out. I personally think it's one of Matt's coolest libraries to date...

I was about to say GaiKaiju myself, it’s super gnarly, definitely one of my favorites from The Unfinished

Omnisphere can sound brutal if you want it to, it's more than capable...
Here's some quick and easy ways to make Omnisphere really aggressive... Even if you're using presets you should be able to apply some of these parameters to some (or even all) of the oscillators...

Also, if you have free FX slots try what I did here, where I put the precision compressor before saturation. It can make distortions sound more non-linear and unpredictable...

View attachment Quick & Easy Ways to Make Omnisphere Filthy4.mp4

Take any preset and stick Rift on it :)

Guitar Rig is also great for this. Has tons of creative distortions not really meant for guitars.
I was going to say, even the fx built into Omnisphere can make anything aggressive AF.

Here's some quick and easy ways to make Omnisphere really aggressive... Even if you're using presets you should be able to apply some of these parameters to some (or even all) of the oscillators...

Also, if you have free FX slots try what I did here, where I put the precision compressor before saturation. It can make distortions sound more non-linear and unpredictable...

View attachment Quick & Easy Ways to Make Omnisphere Filthy4.mp4

This is excellent!

Here's a few of my favorite patches I got out of torturing Omnisphere. I'm sure it can sound even more brutal, I was just throwing stuff in and playing. It's still one of my favorite synths to play with.

Attachments

• omni-hell.mp3
    1.1 MB
BTW, just a quick follow-up. Since posting this thread, I picked up 3 Sonic Extensions: Seismic Shock, Undercurrent, and Twisted Trees.

All I gotta say is WOW! Worth every penny!
They really are excellent, glad you like them. The effects racks are awesome too. Under Fire, Seismic Pump, and Twisted Root are probably my favorites of the new effects, but all of them are great for quickly transforming a boring patch into something completely different...

Just bought Twisted Trees 3 days ago: fantastic quality though a bit FX heavy, not so many melodically playable patches, more film and cinematic sound fx. But these in 1++ quality .-)

BTW, just a quick follow-up. Since posting this thread, I picked up 3 Sonic Extensions: Seismic Shock, Undercurrent, and Twisted Trees.

All I gotta say is WOW! Worth every penny!
Did you buy them at the same time & get the maximum discount buying them as a bundle?

I agree with the recommendation of the Very Loud Indeed soundsets. But, also, Pulsesetter audio have a couple of soundsets for Omnisphere that could be worth a listen.

I agree with the recommendation of the Very Loud Indeed soundsets. But, also, Pulsesetter audio have a couple of soundsets for Omnisphere that could be worth a listen.

Yup, I have both Recoil and Disruptor, as well as a couple of the VLI soundsets.

I'm going to take this opportunity to put in another plug for Heatseeker from ILIO. I love these patches!

Did you buy them at the same time & get the maximum discount buying them as a bundle?
I think they changed the way the Sonic Extension discount works - now you get credit for what you already own, so buying all together or one at a time makes no difference. This thread prompted me to pick up Undercurrent and Twisted Trees, pretty sure I’ll pick up Seismic Shock soon.

And @NekujaK, the reco for Ilio Heatseeker is absolutely on point! Some very aggressive stuff in there, loving it.

I think they changed the way the Sonic Extension discount works - now you get credit for what you already own, so buying all together or one at a time makes no difference. This thread prompted me to pick up Undercurrent and Twisted Trees, pretty sure I’ll pick up Seismic Shock soon.

And @NekujaK, the reco for Ilio Heatseeker is absolutely on point! Some very aggressive stuff in there, loving it.
Understood but I will probably buy a few at the same time to get the maximum discount on all of them.

Understood but I will probably buy a few at the same time to get the maximum discount on all of them.
What I’m saying is it doesn’t matter, your discount will be the same whether you buy them together or separately. In other words - the first one you buy is full price. The 2nd gets you a certain percentage discount. Once you buy a 3rd, you have hit the max discount and the rest are all the same price.

I think it used to be that buying them together got you a better discount but that’s no longer true.

Top Bottom