What's new

Albino 3 (synth) is coming back.

Studio E

Eric Watkins
I know a zillion other synths have come out since then, and I don’t know how it would sound now, but ever since we lost support for Albino, I’ve always wanted every other synth to be a bit more like it. I think it was my first soft synth, so I used it for everything for a long time. That’s probably my main attachment, because as knew it, so I’m kind of excited to try it out again.

Anyone else?

oh very cool, that would be an immediate buy for me. where can I read more about that?

I think it was my first soft synth, so I used it for everything for a long time. That’s probably my main attachment
Same for me. I always thought it's quite good and wondered why almost no one here seemed to use it. I never had an issue using my old version in spite of its lack of support and I prefer to use the old VST format anyway, so I'm not very motivated to pay for the upgrade, but it's good to see them bringing it back. Maybe this time around some more people here will get into it.

that was a very nice synth back in the day. I seem to remember there was some drama connected to the disappearance of it.

Last edited:
I still have it and still use it in Logic Pro.
I’ve always been on a PC, and I don’t remember what the reason was for discontinuing use. I want to say that at a certain point it just became unusable or too unstable maybe? Due to the lack of an update? I just checked under my account, and I have an available download for Albino. I will probably check it out again sometime soon, just to see what I think. If memory serves me correct, I just thought its flow and layout made more sense to me than anything I tried after it, including Predator, by the same developer. Looking forward to it regardless.

Thought the title said Albion 3 and I was very confused
I was initially confused too, but now that I realise it's a synth I'm even more confused. Is this supposed to be doing everything (Arturia's) Pigments can't?

Now that's a blast from the past. Has Peter Linsener returned to audio dev or is Rob Papen just taking over? If memory serves, Peter retired his company and moved on.

I still have, and use, and love, that old Albino 3. It has a generally thin sound which makes it great for adding synthy vibes without muddying up the overall sound of your mix. The factory sounds are a bit lame but there were some fantastic third-party patch libraries sold.

Now that's a blast from the past. Has Peter Linsener returned to audio dev or is Rob Papen just taking over? If memory serves, Peter retired his company and moved on.
According to Rob's demo video, he purchased the IP and DSP code from Peter recently.

Last edited:
Top Bottom