What's new

AKG K702 +Sonarworks I have! Now for some cheap active speakers/Monitors?

toomanynotes

Good day!
So I'm now set up for some budget speakers, having AKG K702 +Sonarworks, I feel I should have a active speaker system for spatial depth mixing.
Maybe I don't require any, but at least some budget speakers for quick reference will do. Any recommendations from misers that have a similar set up??

Thanks

Ok ...well then..how about budget Adam 5’s or JBL’s 3 or presonus...just about everyone here must use some cheap ass speakers to get by?

What's the budget? If 300$ for the pair is not out of reach: JBL 305P Mark ii.

You won't go wrong with Adam and JBL. I have no idea about Presonus though. If I had to choose from these choices I would go for JBL LSR305P, 306P or 308P depending on the budget. I have a pair of JBL LSR 6325P which I mainly use for recording.

What's the budget? If 300$ for the pair is not out of reach: JBL 305P Mark ii.

thanks heard a lot about these!

Reactions: muk
You won't go wrong with Adam and JBL. I have no idea about Presonus though. If I had to choose from these choices I would go for JBL LSR305P, 306P or 308P depending on the budget. I have a pair of JBL LSR 6325P which I mainly use for recording.
thanks I guess its looking the JBL route..

how important is getting monitors that have a fullish range from 20hz to 20khz?
JBL starts at 40+hz

how important is getting monitors that have a fullish range from 20hz to 20khz?
JBL starts at 40+hz

They also have a sub which you can add later but the technology and quality you get in this range (frequency+price) are unmatched. Before making a firm decision, do a little more shop around. Adam are also good but expensive. Check for B-stock with full warranty. All those 5" and 7" will need a sub in the end. You can however monitor lows with your cans for the time being.

They also have a sub which you can add later but the technology and quality you get in this range (frequency+price) are unmatched. Before making a firm decision, do a little more shop around. Adam are also good but expensive. Check for B-stock with full warranty. All those 5" and 7" will need a sub in the end. You can however monitor lows with your cans for the time being.
Thanks for the explanation, I'm happy to use cans to monitor bass, especially to save money.

New Tannoy Gold dual concentrics are very impressive in this price range. If you have an untreated room, I wouldn't bother using subwoofer, you're better off with decent headphones for checking super low bass.

New Tannoy Gold dual concentrics are very impressive in this price range. If you have an untreated room, I wouldn't bother using subwoofer, you're better off with decent headphones for checking super low bass.
look nice too

Top Bottom