What's new

2022 resolutions

For me, to write one production library cue per week. I dragged my feet until March, but have been successful since.

And….to spend more time on my sailboat this summer.

Last edited:
I ended up buying new libraries and even won a give-away. On the plus-side: I uploaded a couple of little “demos” of Xsample woodwinds, Insanity Samples libraries (that I purchased, oops) and 8Dio / V8P stuff, all to live up to my “show don’t tell” resolution.

Last edited:
Alright everyone, status report! How are you doing with your New Year's resolutions? What worked, what didn't, and what are your plans for the rest of the year?
Some things going better than others. Not really gonna give a full self-appraisal till the end of the year, though :2thumbs:

Doing more music by notation first instead of using a daw (cubase in my case)...because it has many benefits. You see what is going on at one point in time on all instruments, you see connections between them, errors, dynamics etc faster. No guessing, no fiddling with articulations/keyswitches, automation lanes etc...
Also i want something (with a piece i will make, and am confident enough about) to have it played by a real orchestra somewhere in the future.. and knowing how to do notation properly (and orchestration) is a requirement in my opinion.

So... i Need to up my skills (it has faded away quite a bit)...
it's more than one resolution: relearning writing/reading the notes, relearning about rhythmics with notes/rests, relearning to read many staffs at once (orchestra) as a conductor does and ofcourse ochestration itself.

It might take quite a while, maybe even more than 2022 itself.. maybe even 2023 as a whole.. before i think i am ready enough... to say i know above things on a proper set level.
No rushing.. it's a hobby..

Last edited:
- Keeping up with one of the CLASSIC ones and finally managed to loose some weight and might reach my anticipated wight goal by the summer! :emoji_runner:

- Moving to LA in 3 weeks! If that was a good resolution I should know better maybe by the end of the year. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Are you still going to live in the van, or move into an apartment?
Oh absolutely in my van! I LOVE this thing so much. :emoji_heart_eyes:

I do have a camping home base for the start with a power hook up if I need and some short term camp spots around town that might be helpful for attending events but leave the van and use UBER and later come back to sleep. Considering buying a simple car as well and use that to drive around town or a motorcycle but that's probably suicide with that traffic.

Oh absolutely in my van! I LOVE this thing so much. :emoji_heart_eyes:

I do have a camping home base for the start with a power hook up if I need and some short term camp spots around town that might be helpful for attending events but leave the van and use UBER and later come back to sleep. Considering buying a simple car as well and use that to drive around town or a motorcycle but that's probably suicide with that traffic.
Good plan, keep the costs down, reduces the risk. I hope being in LA works out 🤞

Top Bottom