What's new

Nick And Thomas Speak About Woodwinds

It's good to have some clarity-assuming it's Nick who actually posted.

If so, Nick, you're an amazing samplist and a fine composer, and I wish you success at whatever you choose to do.

A statement about Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds:

If Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds does not sound in line with past products
of the series it is because, unlike with prior products, we were only
involved in the production process up until the critical final editing and
programming phase, at which point EW's team took over completely with no
further input from us. We have always been, and still are willing to finish
the Woodwinds for EW in accordance with our original concept, ideas and
design, and in line with the rest of the products in the Hollywood series.
However, despite our continued willingness, EW has refused to allow us to do
so.

All The Best, Nick and Thomas

(Nick is no longer affiliated with East West and have no idea why EAST WEST is written under his name on this forum. ADMIN please correct)

First of all :
good luck to both of you for all your future activity , be it in the sampling world or as composers .

Second :
Now I know why I'm pulling my hair out here since I've received my copy of HOW this morning, sitting in front of this library that has the substance , but not the ability to perform well .

Best

Gerd

If so, Nick, you're an amazing samplist and a fine composer, and I wish you success at whatever you choose to do.

If that's not Nick, I'd have to say that this dude channeled a Nick Phoenix entity pretty well. Straight forward and BS free..

If that's not Nick, I'd have to say that this dude channeled a Nick Phoenix entity pretty well. Straight forward and BS free..

Agreed-it's just that with the long silence and the implication that there was a lawyer-imposed silence, I'm unsure.

If that really was Nick.

Wish you all the best, as well as Thomas J.

HS is definitely still my favorite string labrary.

Cheers.

Good luck with all your future endeavors Nick & Thomas. My decision to never purchase another PLAY product ever again has now been reinforced.

Oh man now my HS bugs are never gonna get fixed. :-(

Cheers and good luck guys!!!

Your post actually got me thinking.

I wonder what the future of HS and HB are development wise....

I know there have been some great feature requests out there that Nick was thinking of doing, such as using CC11 instead of velocity for crossfading between dynamics on the short notes, considering the short notes through out the library are a bit too jumpy as far as dynamics are concerned. At least in my experiences and there definitely needs some treatment there.

Anyway.

Dan Reynolds wishes Nick Phoenix and Thomas J Bergersen the best of luck in new endeavors in and out of the sampling world.

Once again, guys - don't give up and please, do continue making commercial sample libraries.
We (and I think I'm speaking for lots of people here) love your inspiring and musical products.

Thank you very much for your inspiration through the years.

o-[][]-o

"Hope that they etablish in a New company based on native Instruments libarys. "

+1.

Kontakt is the way to go. In any case, good luck Nick & Thomas!

I have a lot of respect for you guys, both your libraries and music is of the highest quality. Whatever path you choose to take in the future, I really hope it works out well for you. :)

I hope Thomas and Nick will create some amazing sample collections in the future 8) However, they might be more busy with what I think they love more than creating samples: Creating wonderful music :wink:

I'd like to join the queue to say that I really appreciate this to-the-point, no-bullshit statement of what's going on. Feels like a breath of fresh air in a debate that has been dominated by uncertainty, speculation and poorly executed jedi mind-tricks.

Thanks for the direct and to the point info. There had been many questions leading up to this. I think this pretty much says it all.

Good luck guys and a great run!!! :)

I'm sad to hear that it seems like you parted with East West with somewhat bad feelings.

Good luck to the two of you.

Best,
Henrik

Top Bottom