What's new

More than 16 MIDI channels in one instance of VEP to use on Logic Pro

the problem you are referring to has to do with the faders on the arrange page, and not the actual mixer view..to be clear. That has always been the case with LogicPro and multi-timbral instruments of any kind. The mixer view has independent faders. if you want to use the faders on the arrange page..then you only have two options:
  1. Don't use multi-timbral instruments at all
  2. use environment multi-instruments objects to indirectly connect to multi-timbral instruments, in which case the faders will work as you expect, but will be working only on the midi cc7 volume, not the actual instrument audio level.
This situation is unlikely to change, it has been that way for a really long time. LogicPro simply doesn't handle multi-timbral instruments very well. it doesn't need to be a deal breaker though, you can still use multi-timbral instruments, but you should just ignore the fader, mute, solo, etc on the arrange page and instead use the mixer view for controlling that.

I can't speak for really old versions of logic, I never used it back then and I have no idea what it could or could not do. Nor can I vouch for logicpro being able to load those old projects, wouldn't surprise if if not.

All that being said, I use DP now also.

Top Bottom