What's new

Yamaha YC88 as a master controller

TintoL

Hi all,

I have been for a while in the hunt for an ALL rounder master keyboard. I am looking for a controller that has faders, mod wheel and pitch bend and a very good keybed action that is not too heavy.

I am coming from owning a VPC1, and selling it because found it to heavy.

I like this new YC88 because it can be perfectly mapped using custom midi CC with a software from yamaha.

I have second thought on the two sticks added as mod wheel and pitch bend. And also, It calls my attention that the keybed doesn't seem to have let off/ escapement simulation. I tested before the p515 and found the action very quick but a bit on the heavy side, but not as much as the vpc1. Also tested the RD2000, which was good, but found it a bit slow with quick arpeggios and fast passages.

Has anybody has experience with this keyboard to give some thoughts please?

Hi all,

I have been for a while in the hunt for an ALL rounder master keyboard. I am looking for a controller that has faders, mod wheel and pitch bend and a very good keybed action that is not too heavy.

I am coming from owning a VPC1, and selling it because found it to heavy.

I like this new YC88 because it can be perfectly mapped using custom midi CC with a software from yamaha.

I have second thought on the two sticks added as mod wheel and pitch bend. And also, It calls my attention that the keybed doesn't seem to have let off/ escapement simulation. I tested before the p515 and found the action very quick but a bit on the heavy side, but not as much as the vpc1. Also tested the RD2000, which was good, but found it a bit slow with quick arpeggios and fast passages.

Has anybody has experience with this keyboard to give some thoughts please?
HI..I know this has been dead for a while...but I'm also looking around for a controller. But I like heavier actions, but can also deal with lighter actions as well. What did you decide on?

BTW, Escapement/let-off is a gimmick...an acoustic grand has no choice as it's part of the function, but it does absolutely nothing in the MIDI world, except give you the sensation...but it can also slow you down as well, or give false readings for slow passages...

Anyway, It you want a medium feel keyboard with great MIDI implementation I would look at the new Hammer 88 Pro...

Top Bottom