What's new

Why I despise the Spitfire Player...Rant alert.

The SA support confirms to me today that this issue was reported by several users. At the same time they explain that it is the nature of these recordings and cannot be solved.
This is crazy and makes me a little speechless.
What do you mean? I just tried the viola. The staccato and the spiccato do not null and they do not sound the same to me. Are you saying that one is a time stretched version of the other or something else?

What do you mean? I just tried the viola. The staccato and the spiccato do not null and they do not sound the same to me. Are you saying that one is a time stretched version of the other or something else?
I cannot detect any or only a very slight difference in sound. It makes no difference which variation I choose, but compared to the violins, for example, it is not spiccato.
I can compare this with my other string librarys and in all others there is a clear difference between spiccato and staccato.

In my case there is no difference between spiccato and staccato of violas and cellos.
It doesn't sound right because it is the same articulation in sound and behaviour.

Maybe someone can post an example of the viola and cellos spiccatos compared to the staccatos. Maybe it is just because of my BBCSO installation!

That's partly the problem with bespoke programming....Hans Zimmer also experiences hickups in his original software made by Mark Wherry, but because it's only RCP who uses it, there's not really a need to answer to the public, except members of RCP themselves.

Whereas Spitfire though.....no matter how cool it is to have a "custom" sampler.....I'd rather they also just stick to Kontakt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom