What's new

Why do people get so defensive about the DAW they end up choosing?

easyrider

Embracing the Absurd
I have:

Mixbus 32c
Pro Tools
Studio One 5
Cubase 10.5
Reaper 6
Reason 12

I use S1 the majority of the time and use the Rack from Reason. I’m not particularly loyal to any of these DAWs.But a lot of people are and defend their choice with upmost vigour. Why is this?

What do people gain from dissing other peoples choices?

They are just tools at the end of the day.

I have:

Mixbus 32c
Pro Tools
Studio One 5
Cubase 10.5
Reaper 6
Reason 12

I use S1 the majority of the time and use the Rack from Reason. I’m not particularly loyal to any of these DAWs.But a lot of people are and defend their choice with upmost vigour. Why is this?

How dare you!!!!!!!

Attachments

• knee jerk.jpg
    knee jerk.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 8
I think DAWs can be quite a personal thing as they relate to workflow. I have:
  • Reaper 6
  • Cakewalk
  • Cubase 10.5
  • Studio One 5 Artist
  • Mixcraft 9.5
Reaper is the only one I use at the moment. It isn't perfect and I keep meaning to try others as it lack intuitiveness when use JS or action scripts for some functions. However it is very customizable.

Lol. For the same reason people get defensive about the Cola they drink, the shoes they wear, the laptops they use, the phones they buy and the toys they insert.

EDIT:
The post directly below this one has the serious (and generally correct) answer.

I think people do this with everything in life. Pc vs Mac. Nintendo vs Sega. Logic vs Cubase. BBCSO vs Nucleus. Kids vs no kids. Education vs no education. I believe people generally feel that choices are an extension of their personality, and we tend to want to motivate and defend the choices we do in life as having done the right choice. Partly by saying that other choices are not as good. :)

I think DAWs can be quite a personal thing as they relate to workflow. I have:
  • Reaper 6
  • Cakewalk
  • Cubase 10.5
  • Studio One 5 Artist
  • Mixcraft 9.5
Reaper is the only one I use at the moment. It isn't perfect and I keep meaning to try others as it lack intuitiveness when use JS or action scripts for some functions. However it is very customizable.
Did they have a sale, @Markrs ? ...................:roflmao:

I have:

Mixbus 32c
Pro Tools
Studio One 5
Cubase 10.5
Reaper 6
Reason 12

Exactly my question when an Android user starts berating me for using an iPhone. I think we just need to respond the way we did growing up in NJ... put on your best east coast accent and say "Whatzit to YOU??"

As for a DAW, it might just be that after we invest 17 million in the software and all the libraries, we have to insist ours is the best so we don't feel like idiots. :roflmao:

I wonder if you wanted to create a Frankenstein's Monster DAW from parts from all the different DAWs which parts would you choose.

For customisation and extensibility I would have to pick Reaper. For UI and ease of use, probably Sudio One.

The day will come when developers join forces and merge their creations...

StuBase
CakeMix
ReaAbleton
FruityBand
LogTools
The new FruityCuCakeBandMix.... Studio Pro 12. Artist Edition. It has fancy new licensing and it's pretty darn tasty. :dancedance: Microsoft is going to buy this for 10 billion and mess it up in about 2 years. Garantueed. 5 years down the line they'll probably call it The Big Fender Bender.

The new FruityCuCakeBandMix.... Studio Pro 12. Artist Edition. It has fancy new licensing and it's pretty darn tasty. :dancedance: Microsoft is going to buy this for 10 billion and mess it up in about 2 years. Garantueed. 5 years down the line they'll probably call it The Big Fender Bender.

Better start registering domain names and trade marks, before someone else beats us to it!

EDIT: if we encounter any problems, we'll weaponise our elite team of coders to create the ultimate weapon...

download.png

Top Bottom