What's new

When did "music" become "beats"?

I'm getting the feeling none of us would willingly appear in shorts today.
I reckon in the last 12 years the amount of time i've spent in long trousers would be less than a year. Certainly, in the last 5 years I've been in shorts and t-shirts every day, save for one month weher I needed to wear long trousers for a job. So there's that ;)

I’m probably too old to make beats now, but I wouldn’t be too quick to dismiss younger beat makers out of hand.

Yeah, some of the production is basic but these folk get marketing, work quickly, don’t mess around...and have very busy PayPal accounts.

Turning 48 this month.
I remember being 48 as if it were, uh, three years ago. At 48, I developed tinnitus, my astigmatism got worse, I had to quit tennis due to knee damage, and I put on ten pounds. Good times. Good times. :grin:

I’m probably too old to make beats now, but I wouldn’t be too quick to dismiss younger beat makers out of hand.
Yes. There are some really, really good beatmakers out there. It's a skill just like any other. It requires keeping one's finger on the pulse of music trends and being able to keep things fresh and exciting in a highly competitive market.

It all started with Ginsberg and Kerouac.

Yeah, I’m older than all of ya!
Kerouac: THIS was really the way my whole road experience began, and the things that were to come are too fantastic not to tell.

Me: What his sayin'?

Friend: Beats me. 🤷‍♂️

Beats is everywhere.

Beatz is for rappers. There are old rappers too. They still think it's cool. I'm old enough to know that it will be uncool for their kids. Maybe cool for their grand kids: Haha, time for grandpa to recite a rhythmic poem again! Come on grandpa, I found a "beat" on your old big telephone, haha! Here's your trusty microphone, hold it like a drinking bottle again please, haha!

Top Bottom