What's new

Welcome to Cobblestone Noir (updated)

Tatiana Gordeeva

Long time member
This is my "film noir" short piece. All instruments (except the drums) are from an upcoming library which will be revealed later.

UPDATE: The library I used is mentioned in my latest post:

Cobblestone_cover_3000x3000 v2.png

Amidst the obscurity of smog-laden streets and cobblestone alleys, an enigmatic assassin pursues a target with deadly precision.

The lone figure, relentless and calculating, stalks his unarmed prey through a labyrinth of narrow passages, illuminated only by the dim flicker of distant streetlights, sole witnesses to this noir ballet.

As the night unfolds, suspense tightens like a vice, and the tension builds with every footstep setting the stage for a deadly game of cat and mouse. The city's secrets are held within its noir heart. There is no escape. Welcome to Cobblestone Noir...

Last edited:
This is my "film noir" short piece. All instruments (except the drums) are from an upcoming library which will be revealed later.

Cobblestone_cover_3000x3000 v2.png

Amidst the obscurity of smog-laden streets and cobblestone alleys, an enigmatic assassin pursues a target with deadly precision.

The lone figure, relentless and calculating, stalks his unarmed prey through a labyrinth of narrow passages, illuminated only by the dim flicker of distant streetlights, sole witnesses to this noir ballet.

As the night unfolds, suspense tightens like a vice, and the tension builds with every footstep setting the stage for a deadly game of cat and mouse. The city's secrets are held within its noir heart. There is no escape. Welcome to Cobblestone Noir...

Just spooky enough... ;)

I like the modern sounding Noir sounds and the instrument choices. Nice track thanks for posting!
Thank you so much for listening and for your kind comments. ❤️ I should be able to reveal soon what exact instruments were used in addition to percussion. :)

Hello everyone! I can finally reveal the library partially used in my track here.
It is called Soundiron Sonespheres Limitless and is now out on their site:

It is a very versatile library formed by the fusion of four other librairies created by film and TV composer Blake Ewing in collaboration with Soundiron. Check it out! :)

Hello everyone! I can finally reveal the library partially used in my track here.
It is called Soundiron Sonespheres Limitless and is now out on their site:

It is a very versatile library formed by the fusion of four other librairies created by film and TV composer Blake Ewing in collaboration with Soundiron. Check it out! :)

Listened again, love that bass run, the sustained suspense gives no relief. No rest for the wicked!

Oh, wait... Dang.

I love Blake's work! Minimalist, ambient, organic + inspiring. I bought two of his libraries a few years back. Distance and Origin.

Someone created a playlist of a few of Blake's tracks on Soundcloud, which I have streamed multiple times while I did graphic design or translation work.

Well done, again, naturally, Tatiana... :)

Thanks! ❤️ To be honest I was afraid that they would not consider it because of the quiet intro (footsteps on cobblestone) that I thought was essential to tell the whole story behind the piece. But they did choose it so thank you Soundiron!
Starts with sound effects, ends with sound effects... may be unusual but Soundiron seems to appreciate the daring stance... :)

Starts with sound effects, ends with sound effects... may be unusual but Soundiron seems to appreciate the daring stance... :)
It was not easy to find footsteps on uneven cobblestone.:) Gunshots were easy but cartridges falling were another little challenge.

You'll be interested to learn that Blake Ewing deconstructs his arrangement for Gustav Mahler's piece "Urlicht" using Sonespheres - Limitless in this video:

Top Bottom