Want to work for Spitfire in the US?

Discussion in 'JOBS Board' started by SpitfireSupport, Feb 11, 2019.

1. SpitfireSupport

SpitfireSupport Customer Experience

May 8, 2017
    That's right, for the first time ever, we're advertising for an employee in the United States of America! New York City to be specific, working for none other than the great and legendary Sandy.

You'd be working in the Customer Experience department which means helping our customers decide what to buy, helping them buy it and helping when something goes wrong. We do this reactively, one-on-one (chat, phones, support tickets, social media) and proactively (making videos, writing manuals and knowledebase articles, logging bugs). That's not an exhaustive list, but you get the picture.

Apply here: https://careers.spitfireaudio.com/

Ben

2. miket

miket Team Dany

May 17, 2016
    New York
    Man, I've been jokingly suggesting that Spitfire set up shop in New York, and here it is. Don't know how much of a shot I have but I'm definitely going for it.

Jaap, LamaRose and Kyle Preston like this.
  3. Kyle Preston

Kyle Preston I accidentally do things on purpose

Aug 11, 2016
    Seattle, WA
    Good luck brother, sounds like a great 'get your foot in the door' kinda job!

miket likes this.
  4. Mr. Edinburgh

Mr. Edinburgh Member

Apr 4, 2018
    wow - sample libraries must be where the big bucks are in the music industry

MartinH. likes this.
  5. josephspirits

josephspirits Member

Nov 22, 2017
    Let me know if you need anyone in Boston!

miket likes this.
  6. miket

miket Team Dany

May 17, 2016
    New York
    Thanks man. Trying not to get my hopes up, but I couldn't *not* throw my hat in, you know?

7. thecomposer10

thecomposer10 Soundtrack Composer • Pianist

I just threw my hat into the ring too! How awesome that you guys are branching out into the US.

8. dexterjettser

dexterjettser Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Brooklyn
    I applied as well. Certainly there are others with more expertise than me, but you never know right :)

9. erica-grace

erica-grace Senior Member

Sep 7, 2015
    And how many companies are doing this?

It's obvious that - with an occasional exception like SF - sample libraries are not where the big bucks are in the music industry.

Glad to see that SF is doing so well. :)

d.healey likes this.
  10. boxheadboy50

boxheadboy50 Member

Apr 5, 2018
    If only there were openings in Minnesota!
    :rofl:
    :sad:
    :crying:

11. Iskra

Iskra Active Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Plans for a part-time position to care all the spanish-speaking customers? :2thumbs:
    And seriously, @Spitfire Team, glad to see you're expanding, guys! - for all the applicants above, good luck!

12. Good luck!

Just say you'll do anything to work for a them. Clean toilets, make sandwiches, walk the dog, freed the rabbits, cut the weeds, mow the lawn... even if you don't get a position. Do it anyway...

13. OP
    OP
    SpitfireSupport

May 8, 2017
    Yeah, we have a strict bring your own rabbit policy though, we're not here giving out free rabbits.

bengoss and Pudge like this.
  14. If someone turned up with 10 rabbits towing a tractor, holding a bag of carrots and a bail of hay strapped to their back. Employ them.

15. OP
    OP
    SpitfireSupport

May 8, 2017
    No

Jdiggity1 and Pudge like this.