What's new

VSL Synchron Elite Strings?

...had not the time to test them in depth yet, but so far so good. Pretty nice sound and very large field of application. Performance articulations sound well and are quite convenient and easy to use.

I wasn't excited by demos at all, but the product can do a lot more and different.
Do you have the full or the standard version ? Thanks.

...had not the time to test them in depth yet, but so far so good. Pretty nice sound and very large field of application. Performance articulations sound well and are quite convenient and easy to use.

I wasn't excited by demos at all, but the product can do a lot more and different.
Agreed. exactly my thoughts. I'm not drawn to VSL's string sound in general but with smaller sections their insanely clean and precise approach to sampling works very well.

Working through the articulations, of which there are so many, I was shocked at how consistent it is. everything sounds so focused, detailed and precise.

Not an approach I love for everything but for chamber strings its great. And the synchron player/preset mixes make it very flexible.

I’d recommend the full library, the solo2 and ribbon mics really make huge difference, and the signature presets for the full library are beyond awesome!
It's a tricky spot as a developer. Of course, you want your base product to be attractive and produce great user examples. And, yes, you want your upgraded offer to be even more attractive.

But it's a thin line. The approximately US$250 for the upgraded mics during the intro period can be a lot of money to some prospective buyers, yet some users and VSL staff are strongly encouraging it as the way to go.

Once the intro period is over, this will be more than US$880 for the library.

Would you have paid €740 for it?

I’d recommend the full library, the solo2 and ribbon mics really make huge difference, and the signature presets for the full library are beyond awesome!
Yeah I hear that but to be honest I don't love the signature presets that come with the standard library. I immediately just went back to the basic mix presets and started tweaking from there. While having the extra close mics would be really nice, I just don't think its worth the additional outlay at this point....maybe I'll change my mind

Totally agree ... After playing around with the standard library for a day or so I upgraded to the full.
The additional mics are a good add-on – especially if you like to experiment with sound / room and blend with other libraries. Also I found some more intimate /close sounding options in the full package ...

Reactions: Ben
It's a tricky spot as a developer. Of course, you want your base product to be attractive and produce great user examples. And, yes, you want your upgraded offer to be even more attractive.

But it's a thin line. The approximately US$250 for the upgraded mics during the intro period can be a lot of money to some prospective buyers, yet some users and VSL staff are strongly encouraging it as the way to go.

Once the intro period is over, this will be more than US$880 for the library.

Would you have paid €740 for it?
€740 for Elite is fair, imho. I paid €850 for Berlin and it offers far less than Elite. However, Berlin and Elite blends quite well together, especially the shorts.

Everyone, those who bought Elite Strings.
All the demonstrations so far have only classical content, so is there anyone who uses pop or ballad songs?

Would anyone be willing to do a comparison between ES and SSI/Pro? I'd love to hear the differences.

oh interesting thanks. Yeah, that guy is pretty obnoxious, I've been avoiding buying from him thus far because of his attitude around here but I'll look into that to see if it might be worth holding my nose.
Same, it feels kinda dirty, ya know? XD First alternative I see gets my money.

Top Bottom