What's new

VI-Control appreciation

This is one of the kindest most accepting forums I have ever been a part of, full of lovely people. The comparison is very stark if you dip your toe into other music forums. Here most of the time we consider what we say and apologise if what we said came across different to what we intended.

I am here every single day or more than one year. This forum is great.

A lot of professionals giving great advice.
A lot of funny and constructive talks.
Best place to keep updated about how the industry of VI-C for orchestra are moving.
Best place to share the culpability with the GAS. (And get more GAS)
The only place in the world where I can fond info about N (Even I got a great introductory discount)

Happy to belong to this community and share my journey trying to make some nice music.

+1. Is there some sort of Patreon or other donation avenue to share this appreciation to keep the site up? Or is add space revenue suffice. Thankful for the mods and community here too. (Kinda interesting reading the history of how this site came to be and the member driven projects of past).

Caught this train in 2017 and what I've absorbed in three years couldn't have been acquired anywhere else. People who have worked on major films actually tolerate my questions and ramblings. We all have different opinions on everything from gear to favorite composer but it's ALL great info. AND keeps you from making some monetary mistakes.

For instance, this forum just saved me $2600 because I was about to buy Genelecs because I thought the iLoud MTMs were never going to sound as amazing as others have stated. Then someone throws out Sonarworks as a suggestion, and now my monitors sound... awesome as ever, just posted results yesterday.

Been a longtime guitarist and piano player (NOT a pianist, I'm not that good) but as a newer-ish MIDI orchestration maniac, this site is off-the-chart valuable.

Hey there AudioLoco,
wish you lot of great experience from taking part of our truly amazing community :)

I knew that this is an appreciation post. I have to say that VI is made by fantastic people.
However, this place is like hell. Since I'm in, I've spent more on libraries than on food. Just in the last days I've bought noire, forzo and Areia. This not good, there should be a warning or something I don't know "leave all your money you that register" or similar.

I knew that this is an appreciation post. I have to say that VI is made by fantastic people.
However, this place is like hell. Since I'm in, I've spent more on libraries than on food. Just in the last days I've bought noire, forzo and Areia. This not good, there should be a warning or something I don't know "leave all your money you that register" or similar.
We all feel your pain. Before coming here I took ages to decide to buy just a cheap keyboard or software. After coming here I was happily spending hundreds on a library and delighted that I had got such a good deal 😂

One can live without food for longer than one can live without music ;)

We all feel your pain. Before coming here I took ages to decide to buy just a cheap keyboard or software. After coming here I was happily spending hundreds on a library and delighted that I had got such a good deal 😂
This forum has changed my approach to life. I lurked forums and google for days or weeks just for and usb stick or a pair or sunglasses. Then I registered here, and I'm: oh, well, life is too short to not buy that pad collection on 50% discount.

This forum has changed my approach to life. I lurked forums and google for days or weeks just for and usb stick or a pair or sunglasses. Then I registered here, and I'm: oh, well, life is too short to not buy that pad collection on 50% discount.
That way lies madness. The pad collection needs to be at least 75% off. A 75% off criterion totally restores sanity.

I'm a big fan of this forum as well, it creates a platform for discussion inhabited by lovely and creative people with a sense of common ideas and topics of interest.

You do tend to lose a lot more money by stumbling through the library topics though... :whistling: :elephant:

I so much agree with everything everybody is saying. The VI-Control forum seems to be well balanced. Yet, I am somewhat afraid to post things in fear of posting the wrong thing, or in the wrong place. On another forum, I unintentionally posted in the wrong section and then drama broke loose, long accusatory arguments, stalking, law and order language etc. It seems to defy the fact that we are all here for the love of music and the creative tools that make it possible. Having gone through the rules of this forum, I understand most concepts, including "drama magnets". I still have some questions that need clarification.
Let's say that I want to express my opinion about the perceived worth of a library or the behaviour economics underlying a product that is intimately associated with how to build a product. Would that be considered "company bashing"?
Also, if I release a video concerning a subject dealing with virtual instrument sampling, how and where is the best (appropriate) place to make it known in this forum?
I am grateful to everybody in this forum for their understanding, manners and class. I thank you.

I so much agree with everything everybody is saying. The VI-Control forum seems to be well balanced. Yet, I am somewhat afraid to post things in fear of posting the wrong thing, or in the wrong place. On another forum, I unintentionally posted in the wrong section and then drama broke loose, long accusatory arguments, stalking, law and order language etc. It seems to defy the fact that we are all here for the love of music and the creative tools that make it possible. Having gone through the rules of this forum, I understand most concepts, including "drama magnets". I still have some questions that need clarification.
Let's say that I want to express my opinion about the perceived worth of a library or the behaviour economics underlying a product that is intimately associated with how to build a product. Would that be considered "company bashing"?
Also, if I release a video concerning a subject dealing with virtual instrument sampling, how and where is the best (appropriate) place to make it known in this forum?
I am grateful to everybody in this forum for their understanding, manners and class. I thank you.
For the video, there is the Samplecasts, Podcasts, Videocasts forum.

And you are allowed to criticize the companies outside of the Commercial Announcements threads.

Even though I registered a while ago, I've only started getting my feet wet recently when researching what orchestra to buy next.

You all have been a great help and very welcoming.

Thanks! <3

We are in too. Besides from the engaged attitudes, we like the composer focus a lot. Our style is so marginal; mixture of electronic music, folk music and classical music, and we often feel completely outside all modern techno, dance, ambient, EDM, Hip-Hop and the like on other forums, which others craft well, but we cannot really, even if we wanted to. All the orchestral, game and filmmusic around make us feel welcome artistically. Also as topics for technical conversation. Thanks to VI-Control and all engaged souls around.

Freya´s Peace
Gothi and Peter
ToH

Last edited:
Top Bottom