What's new

UVI launch SonicPass subscription service: unlimited access to ALL UVI products for $24/month

UVI

COVER_FB_SonicPass.jpg

Introducing SonicPass, delivering unlimited access to UVI's entire line of 1,000+ instruments and effects
for only $24/24€ per month
.​

Representing an industry-first, SonicPass leverages UVI's massive catalog of high-quality sample-based instruments, post-production tools, effects, and more, to deliver a music and audio production experience unlike anything else. Users can explore the growing selection of products, including day-one access to new releases, through the new UVI Portal app, handling downloads, installation, and providing up to 3 concurrent activations per license.

SonicPass delivers an inspiring collection of some of the industry's most well respected instruments and soundware including their flagship hybrid sampler/synth Falcon and all 20 Falcon Expansions, UVI's renowned vintage synth line including FM Suite, Emulation II+, and OB Legacy, electric and acoustic keyboard collection Key Suite, World Suite 2, Orchestral Suite, Toy Suite, IRCAM Solo Instruments 2, Soul Drums, and dozens more. In addition, users can find all of UVI's post-production tools including Walker, Meteor, Asteroid, and Drone, and all of their effect plugins, such as Shade, Plate, Relayer, and more.

In all SonicPass delivers an incredible roster of over 1,000 instruments and effects individually priced at over $10,000, giving users access to over 30,000 hand-crafted presets and counting.

Reiterating their commitment to user choice, UVI are offering SonicPass as a way to lower the barrier to entry for their expansive catalog of instruments and effects. Permanent licenses are not changing in any way, and will continue to be sold side-by-side with SonicPass.

PRICING AND AVAILABILITY:
SonicPass is available now at uvi.net for only $24/24€ per month, or $240/240€ annually.

WATCH THE SONICPASS TRAILER:

I'm discombobulated by the cornucopia of resources that this offers. I'm not keen on subscriptions for financial and practical reasons; but gosh, this would get me access to to so many things that I could really benefit from right now.

I know subscriptions get a lot of hate around here but I like them.
Best way to try something out to see if you like it enough for a purchase. This gets a big thumbs up from me.

I'd rather spend 24 bucks and try some Plugins instead of having to pay 400 only to find out that they are not what I expected/wanted/hoped for.

It's a double-edged sword. Good value for those who aren't already invested while resale value plummets. Where's the incentive for established customers? Next step Francisco Partners? Now if UVI can finally be persuaded to be more 3rd party dev friendly that would be a plus.

Last edited:
Plugin Alliance does subscriptions right. They are the only developer I know of that does.
East West Composer Cloud
Newly launched musio by Cine Samples
Kilohearts subscription
Splice has different rent to own options for Serum, izotope plugins etc.

Those are the ones i remember at the top of my head.

I think he meant with the "cash back coupon" idea so you get the feeling you're not throwing money out of the window with subscription, but instead you get a coupon to buy a lifetime license with your annual subscription.

I would have loved this idea of lifetime license or cash back coupon with your annual subscription. But UVI universe is actually pretty good if you're a fan of synth, but not only synth.

They have great content. The only downside so far, maybe they have a LOT of people downloading everything, but their download speed isn't super super fast right now. Other than that, it's pretty nice.

I think he meant with the "cash back coupon" idea so you get the feeling you're not throwing money out of the window with subscription, but instead you get a coupon to buy a lifetime license with your annual subscription.
Aaah, in that case the Kilohearts subscription and Splice rent to own model is probably the closest.

I would have loved this idea of lifetime license or cash back coupon with your annual subscription. But UVI universe is actually pretty good if you're a fan of synth, but not only synth.

They have great content. The only downside so far, maybe they have a LOT of people downloading everything, but their download speed isn't super super fast right now. Other than that, it's pretty nice.
Do you mean now, this evening? I thought I'd found after the update to their portal that downloads had got faster.

24€ a month? The timing is not great to be honest.

I think the US dollar is so strong right now that that maybe doesn't seem a lot to people in the US?

With prices for everything going through the roof in Europe right now, music subscriptions at this level are the last thing on the agenda. But good luck to UVI, they deserve it...

UVI is based in France. But I think it's $24 for people outside of Europe (since you don't have to pay for European VAT).

Do you mean now, this evening? I thought I'd found after the update to their portal that downloads had got faster.
I've been downloading since this morning (after the portal update) and the overall download speed is quite slow compared to others platform such Eastwest, VSL, NI, etc...

I have a 2bps Fiber Internet, so big libraries can download pretty fast... and yet, it's decent size libraries (like 10-20GB for most) and yet they're taking quite a long time to download. Tried both direct and not direct download. So I can't really say... but I suspect there's a LOT of people right now downloading the whole catalog, so it could make sense and will get better once we're all "up to speed" so to speak :)

Top Bottom