What's new

Useful Creator Tools functions

What I basically want to achieve is the following.

I want to be able to organise code into different files.

Ie) KSP for filter envelope
KSP for ADSR

Then I want to reference those files in a "master" script

Then if possible push that into kontakt.

I have been trying to understand the import keyword as I'm assuming this is what I am looking for

So I won't be able to write KSP code and sync and upload it to kontakt so I can not have to copy paste all the time?
You don't have to copy and paste in Kontakt 5 either.

You can link a text file to the editor that will automatically update when you save it. And you should use SublimeKSP if you're not already.

You don't have to copy and paste in Kontakt 5 either.

You can link a text file to the editor that will automatically update when you save it. And you should use SublimeKSP if you're not already.
David you are a legend

I am using Sublime KSP...

Would you mind giving me an indication of linking the text file

Please See attached screenshot

So to my understanding..................

My seperate pieces of code like "Filter envelope", "Instrument ADSR"

need to be TXT files in the scripts folder.

Then i would have a master text file "Importing" ("Filter envelope") etc.

If so what would i need the ksp fie for, or does Kontakt just recognise the syntax in the text file?

Thank you so much for your help

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-25 114921.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-25 114921.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2022-05-25 114845.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-25 114845.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 3
My seperate pieces of code like "Filter envelope", "Instrument ADSR"

need to be TXT files in the scripts folder.

Then i would have a master text file "Importing" ("Filter envelope") etc.

If so what would i need the ksp fie for, or does Kontakt just recognise the syntax in the text file?

Thank you so much for your help
I think this explanation of the import keyboard is probably the simplest - https://nilsliberg.se/ksp/scripts/tutorial/editor.html#import

For linking an external script to the editor you need to use the "Apply From" drop down menu in the KSP editor. More details in the KSP reference manual (starting at page 200) https://www.native-instruments.com/.../kontakt/KONTAKT_602_KSP_Reference_Manual.pdf

I think this explanation of the import keyboard is probably the simplest - https://nilsliberg.se/ksp/scripts/tutorial/editor.html#import

For linking an external script to the editor you need to use the "Apply From" drop down menu in the KSP editor. More details in the KSP reference manual (starting at page 200) https://www.native-instruments.com/.../kontakt/KONTAKT_602_KSP_Reference_Manual.pdf
David.

Thank you so much.

I really really appreciate it.

Especially after my kontakt is protools thread. Funnily enough I'm really starting to enjoy the scripting.

Also love all your YouTube videos.

I seem to have hit a road block.

I think that by seperating my code into smaller text files and using the import function that I have created some kind of loop that keeps erroring out with the error, syntax x already declared.

Or variable redecalared.

I am really a code novice and I'm trying to build a decent framework that I can keep working off of.

I don't really understand the syntax and reading it is getting me somewhere slowly.

In a nutshell I have seperated my declarations into smaller text files and using them as an import for other code such as UI and filter envelope etc.

I think that is where the loop occures .

I call let's say ui control to one file and then call it to the master init file and that's where the readeclare comes in.

Is there an easier way to do this or maybe call the the declare UI control and then cancel it after it has done its job.

Or is it more simple to have the declares in the same file so I don't need to worry about the errors.

I have folders as

Main.txt where the code gets copied after the compile.

Then

Filter envelope adsr. This is where I put the UI controls mainly for ui spacing

Then filter .txt

I put the UI for the filter.

I then import the UI filter into the main on init file.

So I guess I'm confusing the program because I'm calling the same declares into different files.

I hope there is a simple answer to this

I seem to have hit a road block.

I think that by seperating my code into smaller text files and using the import function that I have created some kind of loop that keeps erroring out with the error, syntax x already declared.

Or variable redecalared.

I am really a code novice and I'm trying to build a decent framework that I can keep working off of.

I don't really understand the syntax and reading it is getting me somewhere slowly.

In a nutshell I have seperated my declarations into smaller text files and using them as an import for other code such as UI and filter envelope etc.

I think that is where the loop occures .

I call let's say ui control to one file and then call it to the master init file and that's where the readeclare comes in.

Is there an easier way to do this or maybe call the the declare UI control and then cancel it after it has done its job.

Or is it more simple to have the declares in the same file so I don't need to worry about the errors.

I have folders as

Main.txt where the code gets copied after the compile.

Then

Filter envelope adsr. This is where I put the UI controls mainly for ui spacing

Then filter .txt

I put the UI for the filter.

I then import the UI filter into the main on init file.

So I guess I'm confusing the program because I'm calling the same declares into different files.

I hope there is a simple answer to this
I suggest you make a new thread and post some code examples to demonstrate the issue.

Top Bottom