What's new

Updating Kontakt Mid Project?

BenG

Yesterday, I downloaded/installed a new Kontakt library that required the latest version to run. Without thinking, I went over to Native and upadted to 6.5.2 (from 6.5?) Upon loading my current projects, I noticed that I was now getting a warning that says "The state of some Kontakt instances cannot be recalled properly.Please open any Kontakt instance to resolve the problem."

Are there any major issues with updating Kontakt during a project? If yes, can I downgrade?!

ScoringFilm

It's a new warning added to the latest version of Kontakt when there are samples missing. You just need to locate the missing samples. It probably happened before, however there is now a warning!

OP
BenG

BenG

It's a new warning added to the latest version of Kontakt when there are samples missing. You just need to locate the missing samples. It probably happened before, however there is now a warning!
THANK YOU!! Good to know and I think I know which library is causing the issue as I received the error before.

That said, I've manually located the library several times and the issue persists...:/

ScoringFilm

That said, I've manually located the library several times and the issue persists...:/
To get rid of the warning you need to re-save the patch/multi/session once the missing samples are located (or do a batch re-save on that lib; making sure you backup first!)

OP
BenG

BenG

To get rid of the warning you need to re-save the patch/multi/session once the missing samples are located (or do a batch re-save on that lib; making sure you backup first!)
Will do and thanks for the tip! It's Ferrum Free and for some reason it has given me issues since I got it.

Batch re-save usually does the trick! :)

EvilDragon

KSP Wizard
Indeed, after pointing Kontakt to where samples are, you need to save your DAW project so that the new paths to samples stick.

Top Bottom