What's new

Tutorial collection thread

New tutorial is up! Please follow the link in my signature. I hope you enjoy it!

During the next few weeks I will publish a three-part series about "How to create your own virtual instrument" - just a little teaser :) ....

Anyway, I hope you'll find something of interest in this! :)

Hi guys, the first article of three-part-series about creating your own custom libraries is online.

Find it here: https://www.audiovibes-studios.com/wordpress/tutorials/

I hope you enjoy and if so, please let me know! :)

Okay, here is a new one, dealing with mastering basics:

Last edited by a moderator:
A very informative introduction to mastering, Alex. Even if someone uses other plug-ins or plug-ins like Ozone for example, the principles you've covered can still be applied. And the advice you provide at the end should also really help someone trying to learn. It was indeed wise to point out though that mastering is an art as well as a science and it takes time (and fresh ears) as well to advance.

Interesting, but not surprising to see that you've switched to a PC. I'm giving Apple and my Mac Pro my confidence for another several months, but when it's time for replacement, if no improvements are available, I may go back to a PC as well.

I've compared Camtasia on a Mac with Camtasia on a PC, and once again, the PC version is, by far, more full featured.

As always, I enjoy hearing what you have to say, and thanks for sharing your knowledge and advice with others. Cheers.

A very informative introduction to mastering, Alex. Even if someone uses other plug-ins or plug-ins like Ozone for example, the principles you've covered can still be applied. And the advice you provide at the end should also really help someone trying to learn. It was indeed wise to point out though that mastering is an art as well as a science and it takes time (and fresh ears) as well to advance.

Interesting, but not surprising to see that you've switched to a PC. I'm giving Apple and my Mac Pro my confidence for another several months, but when it's time for replacement, if no improvements are available, I may go back to a PC as well.

I've compared Camtasia on a Mac with Camtasia on a PC, and once again, the PC version is, by far, more full featured.

As always, I enjoy hearing what you have to say, and thanks for sharing your knowledge and advice with others. Cheers.

Thank you!! :)
And yes, you can apply this is to almost all plugs! Most important thing is, that you know what you do.
Yeh, as soon as I have some time I will write or do something about why I changed. Even though Mac guys might see it as a rant, I am thinking about how to do it in the most neutral way ... however, technically there is absolutely no difference anymore between Mac or PC. Yes, there was, but this definitely is past!

I just came across these. Very simple and easy to understand. 101 level to studio monitors and audio interfaces. I thought I'd share with the team.

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

Cheers.

This great stuff, I know it's an old thread...

I'm curious, is there a similar thread that has a focus on production techniques, like dissecting a track...here's the track, here's how I did it, here's the sounds, the combinations, the libraries, the whole enchilada. It would be nice to learn by other than trial and error. :)

If I could put the world on pause, free up some time, I would choose some of my favorite epic trailer tracks, then use my magic time machine to go back and observe, from start to finish, the process. Then 50 other composers would wonder why there's a scary man in the corner of the studio, taking notes.

What's the next best thing, other than the above absurd scenario?

hey there,

okay, i find those discussions about reverb, compression etc. totally interesting and i wonder if it would be cool to have a thread where we just collection tutorials we find in the big wide internet.

probably some of you know authors who describe stuff in a brilliant way or you also know people who just think they are good :)

hopefully we will get a cool collection about links and tutorials ...
Hello,
I' have been watching your tutorials on YT. This one about preparing TEMPLATES was very helpful so I would like to thank you for sharing knowledge.
Using reverbs is so interesting to me as well. I come from classical music, and I am overwhelmed by this new possibilities for creating a digital space for the sound.
I aslo need some help. I need to find someone to cooperate in making classical pieces mock ups. I am sure here are plenty of artists might be interesting in cooperation, but these are my first steps on internet formus and I don;t know where and how I should post to find the right people and not being againt the rules of this forum.
Once again thanks for sharing you skills.

Wojtek

Waves Reverb Mixing Tips
(broken link removed)

Dave Pensado Reverb Types

Use Reverb Like A Pro
(broken link removed)

Christian Henson What is the Best Reverb for Orchestral Music ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom