What's new

Trying to decide between Uvi Falcon 2 or MSoundFactory as my next synth platform.

That's just lazy synthmanship there. Listening to your skills lately I don't think you'll suffer from sounding like anyone else unless you are trying to no matter what synth you buy. You've found a voice, man. And it's a good one.
Thanks man I appreciate it.

Something just started clicking for me in 2020. Not sure what it is yet but I agree it's the start of my own thing. Been a long time coming.

That.
He send out some weird emails a while back.

Plus I can't stand Melda UI at all.
It's not just that the developer hates Apple (That's his right, and I can understand why developers get frustrated having to deal with all Apple's changes), but he actually also disrespects Apple users.

He (Can't be bothered to Google his name) has threatened to drop support for Apple computers, but because he doesn't actually have the cajones to stand up for what he believes, ceasing Mac support, he snidely tries to convince Apple users to adopt the Windows platform.

I'll never support them, again. Hopefully, Apple users can resist the deals and give this developer the freedom he wants...to only deal with Windows.

Yet he was one of the first to go M1 native. Kudos to Melda.
When a not-so-insignificant (I'd imagine) amount of one's income depends on providing a certain expected outcome, one will 'bend the knee' ;)

And not to take anything away from them (Well not anything extra, anyway), but given their unified framework and interface, it would make sense that they could update all their plugins so quickly.

Falcon 2.8 is on sale. Should i wate for the uppgrad? Moneywise i will probably save some if i wait because making a upgrade to 3.0. Hmmmm.. anyone knows ANYTHING about the new version?

There at least 2 other current threads to check out….probably better than reviving this old one?

Falcon 2.8 is on sale. Should i wate for the uppgrad? Moneywise i will probably save some if i wait because making a upgrade to 3.0. Hmmmm.. anyone knows ANYTHING about the new version?
What are you even talking about? The current version IS version 3 and is on sale. And do a search on YT (“Falcon 3”) and you’ll find a ton of videos about the new features.

It's not just that the developer hates Apple (That's his right, and I can understand why developers get frustrated having to deal with all Apple's changes), but he actually also disrespects Apple users.

it is a late reply to a well, the developer hates the Apple updates, as every developer hates them, of course.

but strangely he was, vojtech, almost the first one that had all plugins.... M1 native.....

it took U-HE longer, much longer. (and they program on Mac's i believe). (disclaimer: don't hate u-he.... i have 3 synths from U-he.)

so, it is bit of a paradox, he does not hate apple users, he hates, in way, what Apple does, with its OS.
and, i repeat, M1 native before any big brand..

and ok, i have MCompleteBundle, and i am a Window user...

but i don't have a hate towards Apple, nor Melda 'haters', Melda's UI is indeed troublesome in the beginning, when you get used to it, it is a + (plus), it delivers more.

and well MSoundFactory, has had it strange ommissions, but the merger nowadays, cross-modulation, in 5 ways!

EDIT: sorry for the very late reply. Melda is indeed stubbern, but in the end he always, mostly..., listens.

Last edited:
What are you even talking about? The current version IS version 3 and is on sale. And do a search on YT (“Falcon 3”) and you’ll find a ton of videos about the new features.

Oh I thought it was 2.8 now. Ok i check. I know it's on sale thats why i asked :)

Wow that resonate thing got me. I wait until 3.0

but 3.0 is already out there, it has been released, in is now in sale, intro sale, you can say, for 199 euro, which is one of the lowest prices.

and the updates seem free, or seem, everyone that bought falcon 1 for instance, can get also 3.

(i don't own Falcon, so i don't myself)

Except for Zebra I stay away from synths that everybody has. I noticed in listening to the Westworld competition. Everybody has the same stuff and 90% sounded same'ish. Then people complain that the one that didn't sound the same won. Jesus, what did people expect would happen?

So I have stayed away from Serum and Omni, but Omni is getting harder to resist.
As much as I like Zebra's GUI I loathe the sound of that thing, can't help it.
Same goes for Falcon and the Dunes but then sound wise I still love the vibes (filters) of Synthmaster 2 (+ Vacuum Pro & Ultra-Analog) more than anything else in my arsenal but even after many years I can't get used to its half-assed GUI, even though in terms of workflow it's not that bad.
Some of the newer Ubersynths (Pigments 4, ...) look and sound interesting but at the risk of repeating myself I'm still pretty happy with cooking up vibes with (almost) nothing else but Bitwig's ever growing stock synths & FX, the wonderful modulation system and workflow and if that's not enough there's always the 'Grid' for some extended vibe tinkering. For me it's a dream come true, with no GAS left whatsoever, just a couple ideas for the future but most of them can wait for another while.
(Bitwig just released a major update with 10 new modules (filters and waveshapers) among other features and improvements, couldn't be happier.)
YMMV.

Top Bottom