What's new

Tom Waits' Style Instruments`

Heads-up.

Sampletekk sale for existing customers. Get 90% off with voucher code prewinter.

EAE86C5B-E537-4C32-A488-EB708F09A593.jpeg

Tom Waits piano for 8 bucks ex VAT.
No brainer.

I have no clue whether the website actually checks whether you already own something? Might give it a try anyway.

If not, the regular sale will see a discount of 80% according to the email today.

To clarify: works for ALL products. Black Grand Mk II is a great Steinway. White Grand Mk II an awesome Malmsjö. Vertikal Mk II a beautiful Yamaha U1 upright. TVBO and 7CG both are great C7 samples. The Tubes Rhodes is pretty cool too.

What a deal! I went ahead and picked up the White Grand and their brass since the Chris Hein library doesn't have a tuba. I accidentally chose mkI of the white grand but eh, oh well. Came out $12.80 all together so I have no complaints.

What a deal! I went ahead and picked up the White Grand and their brass since the Chris Hein library doesn't have a tuba. I accidentally chose mkI of the white grand but eh, oh well. Came out $12.80 all together so I have no complaints.
The UI may not be impressive by current flashy standards, but do not let that fool you. These are some top tier samples still! Enjoy!

The UI's are pretty laughable but I'm a fan so far. The "emotional piano" bundle has been a real treat so far and the demos of the white piano sound like the bright piano sound I've wanted to find for a little while. Thanks for making us aware of these.

Hey folks, I thought I'd update now that I've purchased Aaron Venture's Infinite Woodwinds and Infinite Brass. I'm truly astounded by how wonderful these libraries are but was upset that there weren't any non-orchestral demos; a drier sound like we might hear in a Tom Waits song. So I quickly whipped up a thing to show that this doesn't have to be used in reverb-soaked halls, but fits just fine in the studio with drums and a bass guitar. And the UI... oh god, the interface... it's perfect. So neat. So pleasing to look at.:

Last edited:
Hey folks, I thought I'd update now that I've purchased Aaron Venture's Infinite Woodwinds and Infinite Brass. I'm truly astounded by how wonderful these libraries are but was upset that there weren't any non-orchestral demos; a drier sound like we might hear in a Tom Waits song. So I quickly whipped up a thing to show that this doesn't have to be used in reverb-soaked halls, but fits just fine in the studio with drums and a bass guitar. And the UI... oh god, the interface... it's perfect. So neat. So pleasing to look at.:

Nice one! Isn’t the playability of the AV stuff something else?
Btw, did you notice the new Birth of the Trumpet library by Straight Ahead Samples? Sounds like something that any Tom Waits track could use.

The playability is insane! I'm really thinking this could be the library to end all libraries for me, at least for a long while. But alas, you come along with yet another company creating interesting things... ;). I'd never heard of Straight Ahead Samples before.

@Gingham Jones Check this, its marketing text namechecks Waits... demo sounds cool...

I‘m saving up for Infinite Strings though ;)

In case anyone comes across this in the future, I recently bought the SWAM all in bundle from Audio Modeling and I think that's exactly what I was looking for. It was a tough choice to spend so much money on it but nothing else was working in some cases. I'm working on a project now which is an attempt to blend all my interests of orchestral, noise rock, metal, and general cynical yet romantic outlook on life into and the Aaron Venture libraries weren't working for some of the thick, intimate sounds that I was looking for and it sounds a little too "sterile". Sample Modeling strings can't do sharp staccatos like I wanted. Chris Hein's compact orchestra doesn't have the degree of easiness or control I was looking for. Those are the 3 main ones I was working with and I think they're all great and I'm still using them in places, but the Audio Modeling stuff really is amazing. I'm hoping that NOW I've found all the libraries I'll need for traditional orchestral instruments. It's only been a few weeks though so we'll see :D.

Haven’t used Sampltank in years but it’s my understanding that sone of the actual instruments used by Waits were sampled by Dave Kerzner on the Squids Tron and Extras collections from esoundz. https://esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=1769

At least that’s what it says on the tin.

Haven’t used Sampltank in years but it’s my understanding that sone of the actual instruments used by Waits were sampled by Dave Kerzner on the Squids Tron and Extras collections from esoundz. https://esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=1769

At least that’s what it says on the tin.
Will check, thx

Not piano focused.. but for anyone who happens to be guitar player .. I am a huge fan of the uniquie styles of Marc Ribot and Bill Frisell .. I think the IKM Leslie emulations are a great tool in achiving some of the stringed sounds you will find on Waits' records.

good luck

I'm a huge Tom Waits fan. Check out Bass Banjo and Feedback by Modwheel, and also Bunker Samples' Harmonium for some Tom Waits type colors & textures.
Cool. Don't forget to get some coffee and cigarettes. Breakfast of champions.

• Haha
Reactions: CGR
Wait that was a demo of Aaron Venture's strings? I'm confused. Sounded awesome though, why do strings hit so deep :crying: ??

Top Bottom