What's new

To Open Aperture The Stack

Though the video labels just say 'how to open', it's showing how to add it to the DAW and then open it. Studio One doesn't need the first part because it scans all your plugins every time you open the DAW - but the tradeoff is you have to wait for that every time. Nearly 10 seconds on my lightning-fast system, and I know many others here have way more plugins than me. I'd rather scan manually on the odd occasion I actually add something, rather than wait for it multiple times a day :) Edit: you can turn this off, see below.

Also, not sure about the other DAWS, but you can add plugins way quicker in FL Studio using 'fast rescan' in the plugin browser dropdown. Takes two clicks. FL also features drag and drop, like Studio One you need to be in the right side panel first. So I'd say it's very comparable in terms of speed of adding instruments.

Amazing that not all DAWS support quick drag and drop of instruments from a side panel...

Last edited:
Studio one wins here for speed of workflow….

All the others are clunky….just inserting the stack in the daw

watch the video here.

This is bullshit. You can also drag and drop it in Cubase from the right panel. Just as quickly. If you don't use custom VST instrument sets, it will also automatically populate the view just like Studio One. However, the behavior which Studio One shows is not always desired. Hence why, if you use custom VST instrument sets, it doesn't automatically show up. Cubase has got this one right over Studio One, because automatically adding it is not always desired (such as when installing a 100 plug-ins all at once).

This is not to demean you @easyrider but I call bullshit when I hear it.

This is bullshit. You can also drag and drop it in Cubase from the right panel. Just as quickly. If you don't use custom VST instrument sets, it will also automatically populate the view just like Studio One. However, the behavior which Studio One shows is not always desired. Hence why, if you use custom VST instrument sets, it doesn't automatically show up. Cubase has got this one right over Studio One, because automatically adding it is not always desired (such as when installing a 100 plug-ins all at once).

This is not to demean you @easyrider but I call bullshit when I hear it.
Eh?

Top Bottom