What's new

The Orchestra Contest - Compose To Win

The Orchestra Contest - Compose To Win

Compose a new original music for a cut-down version of The Orchestra Complete 2 Trailer and win one of three great prizes!

With over 450 entries from all over the world, our Elysion Contest last year was a huge success and that's why we decided to launch a new contest:

toc2cc_banner_phase1_1k3_01.01.png

THE ORCHESTRA CONTEST - COMPOSE TO WIN

This years you get the opportunity to compose a new original music for our The Orchestra Complete 2 Trailer.
Sonuscore’s team of composers will review the submissions and select up to 10 finalists whose videos will be subject to the public voting.
Among all participants of the public voting, we raffle off 5x Best Service The Orchestra Complete 2 by Sonuscore.

All details about the contest can be found on our THE ORCHESTRA CONTEST SITE.

If, like me, you saw that the video to be scored is the trailer for Horns Of Hell, and wondered if using that library (or The Orchestra 2) was required, it's not.

From the full rules: "Any MIDI instruments, Electronics or live recordings can be used."

Kazoos of Hell anyone?
yeah, thats exactly what i was wondering. Thanks!

If, like me, you saw that the video to be scored is the trailer for Horns Of Hell, and wondered if using that library (or The Orchestra 2) was required, it's not.

From the full rules: "Any MIDI instruments, Electronics or live recordings can be used."

Kazoos of Hell anyone?
And Soundiron just happen to have a Kazoo library for only $9! ;)

yeah, thats exactly what i was wondering. Thanks!
The good thing is we are not composing music to sell the product. If we were, I think we WOULD have to use the product in the composition or else it would be false advertising. People would buy the product expecting to hear the instruments used.

So this is about storytelling with the music, not accurate product promotion. I am sure they already have someone in house (or contracted) to create the actual advertisement music for the product.

Just sent my entry yesterday. Hope I get the shortlist. First competition I've entered. Half hoping only 10 people apply so I can get the shortlist. LOL. Has anybody else here submitted? Would love to see someone else's interpretation of the same. Cheers .
I submitted mine this evening. One thing everyone needs to hold off on is posting it to YouTube and other social media sites as it will lower their voting chances.

I want to post mine so bad but I want to wait until Best Services AND Sonuscore post the entries on their YouTube channels. Which, kind of makes the voting process a little messed up and unbalanced. One entry is in 2 locations. An entry may only get 1 vote from one YT channel and not from the other simply due to the voter not knowing it is on 2 channels.

Or

An entry could get 2 votes by the same person due to the voter KNOWING the entry is on 2 YT channels. So make sure to tell people you want to have vote for you to got to 2 different voting locations to cote for the same candidate - wait, this is sounding like the 2020 U.S. elections. LOL.

But seriously, make sure your voters go and vote 2x - once on Best Services YT channel and once on Sonuscores YT channel.

I submitted mine this evening. One thing everyone needs to hold off on is posting it to YouTube and other social media sites as it will lower their voting chances.

I want to post mine so bad but I want to wait until Best Services AND Sonuscore post the entries on their YouTube channels. Which, kind of makes the voting process a little messed up and unbalanced. One entry is in 2 locations. An entry may only get 1 vote from one YT channel and not from the other simply due to the voter not knowing it is on 2 channels.

Or

An entry could get 2 votes by the same person due to the voter KNOWING the entry is on 2 YT channels. So make sure to tell people you want to have vote for you to got to 2 different voting locations to cote for the same candidate - wait, this is sounding like the 2020 U.S. elections. LOL.

But seriously, make sure your voters go and vote 2x - once on Best Services YT channel and once on Sonuscores YT channel.
Hey didn't know that, thanks for the info. But how does the voting work? Is it the number of likes on the YT video?

Hey didn't know that, thanks for the info. But how does the voting work? Is it the number of likes on the YT video?
Yes. According to the Contest Details / rules Word Doc you can download from the contest web page, it states that the video with the most public votes will be the winner, then the second most votes will get 2nd place and the third most votes will get 3rd place.

So it will be votes from BOTH YT channels. Because, if they only count votes from one channel and more votes are on the other YT channel (that is not being counted) then that would be completely unfair (and subject to possible legal challenges).

Hello everbody! It's been a while since my last post here.

I never composed for videos and decided to participate just to test my level.
If it doesn't bother, here's the link of my version of the trailer:

(should I open a separate topic for this?)

I'd like to hear comments, and I also would like to watch submissions of other members - even for the alternative contest Kazoo of Hell!

Hello all - Claudio - I really enjoyed your score. I wish I had gone in some of the directions that you had. This my attempt where I was trying to improve my deficient brass and percussion skills. Also trying for some bombast as well.

I never listen to anyone else’s contest entries until I have entered mine and I always kick myself afterward. Always so many approaches to even the smallest cues.

Here’s my entry...however, I am only focusing on Sound Design for this one given the time availability I have (may add music down the line). Good luck all!

My first ever music competition. Any feedback is welcome! Made in Cubase with PS Vista, SA CDT, SS Percussion Essentials, Cinebrass Sonore, Sonuscore Action Strings 2, NI Arkhis, ProjectSam Pandora Core, OT Metropolis Ark 4, AV Infinite Woodwinds, SA BBCSO Core, OT Modus, VSL BBO Fornax, Steven Slate Drums 5.

My first ever music competition. Any feedback is welcome! Made in Cubase with PS Vista, SA CDT, SS Percussion Essentials, Cinebrass Sonore, Sonuscore Action Strings 2, NI Arkhis, ProjectSam Pandora Core, OT Metropolis Ark 4, AV Infinite Woodwinds, SA BBCSO Core, OT Modus, VSL BBO Fornax, Steven Slate Drums 5.

Wow!! Nice opening - Loved the drums - It had a great vibe - The only thing I would do differently is that the mix was a little too loud for the voice over.

Good luck - nice job.

Top Bottom