What's new

The Journey

Thanks, I enjoyed this. Some beautiful moments - is there a picture to go with the music? The music is massively evocative of the title!

Thanks, I enjoyed this. Some beautiful moments - is there a picture to go with the music? The music is massively evocative of the title!
Thank you Alex for listning.
I’ve been working on this piece of music for a long time and with some long pauses- not intended. Maybe that is why the composition is in sections. 2 days ago I decided this titel. For some reason I dont experience music with pictures or as pictures, I dont see pictures when I hear music. But with this composition, I feel its like a journey in someway. Maybe some Life development.... the last part with the mezzo soprano... there is some religious about it, maybe because of the Latin phrases.
The composition is not finished yet, I will write an ending...

Can I ask, do you hear to big a sound change in the strings in the more massive parts compared to the more delicate? I use Spitfire symphonic strings for the more massive parts (in lack of a better word) and Berlin expansion A and B for the more delicate. I love both String libraries.

Last edited:
Can I ask, do you hear to big a sound change in the strings in the more massive parts compared to the more delicate? I use Spitfire symphonic strings for the more massive parts (in lack of a better word) and Berlin expansion A and B for the more delicate. I love both String libraries.
Yep, I recognised the change and the Spitfire strings when they made an entrance.

I meant, does it sound to unnatural?
Do you have a suggestion to a picture that suits the music...?
No, it didn't jump out at me as unnatural.
As for a picture, hard to say. There's so much variance in the music. Sounds like a fantasy setting to me. Crawling up mountains, through forests. That sort of thing.

Top Bottom