What's new

The Composer's AIssistant - FREE download /w paid Add-On

Blackster

Hi guys,

I'm thrilled to share with you "The Composer's AIssistant"! 😎

It's a collection of the best prompts for composers, musicians, and producers I've come across so far.

Use AI (ChatGPT) to ...
  • Access world-class information on music theory, composition techniques, orchestration, and instrumentation
  • Streamline and organize your music creation process
  • Stay ahead of any project or task by letting the AI become your personal expert on management and productivity
  • Generate engaging text-based content for social media such as Facebook and Twitter to promote your music or service

And here comes the surprising part ... it's free! 😮
You can download the PDF (6 pages) inside the Composer's Toolkit.

------------------------------------------------

BUT ... if you want to see me implement the prompts and the follow-up conversations to tickle out all the good information from the AI, I invite you to look closer at the add-on below.

Here's what you'll get in the add-on for only 25€:
  • The Composer's AIssistant PDF (the same as the Composer's Toolkit)
  • Video implementation of using the AI (4 videos, downloadable, 1h 30min. in total)
  • All transcripts from the implementation videos (4 PDFs, 50 pages in total)
  • A manual about how to get access to ChatGPT (PDF, 1 page)

Get the Add-On NOW

I'm honest, if you're already an active ChatGPT-user, I believe you won't need the implementation video series, although there might be a lot of details in there that you would appreciate.

But if you're new to ChatGPT and want to see how you can get a shortcut to becoming more productive, this is perfect for you!

Once you start seeing the power of AI, you can't unsee it anymore! 💪

Best always, and enjoy the rest of your day,
Frank

This caught my attention. I downloaded the AIssistant pdf and read through it.

tl;dr A request for a current ChatGPT user to test out my PROMPT.

I have yet to acquire ChatGPT software but am curious if this PROMPT could tackle a current interest in my universe:

Prompt:
Ignore all previous instructions before this one. You are an expert in Franz Listz piano music including the 12 Transcendental Etudes.
You are an expert in the circle of fifths, all scale formations included in Zd-Ultimate Reascale, all microtuning mappings, all rhythmic and polyrhythmic possibilities; expert in all modes of human emotion from deepest apathy to transcendental states of no space-time.
You are also able to generate .mid files of music which can be imported into Reaper 6.
Your task is to give your best advice and midi files regarding a piano composition in the style of Listz.
You must always ask questions before you answer so that you get more context for your response and a better feeling about what your conversational partner needs help with.
Did you understand all that?

============

Would such a prompt get me a decent starting result? Or is AI still in kindergarten musically?

Could an existing ChatGPT user/expert provide a snippet of music using my prompt while I fumble-butt my way into this tech?

Ignore if this is too much a bother.

Best, Bill

I have yet to acquire ChatGPT software but am curious if this PROMPT could tackle a current interest in my universe:

Prompt:
Ignore all previous instructions before this one. You are an expert in Franz Listz piano music including the 12 Transcendental Etudes.
You are an expert in the circle of fifths, all scale formations included in Zd-Ultimate Reascale, all microtuning mappings, all rhythmic and polyrhythmic possibilities; expert in all modes of human emotion from deepest apathy to transcendental states of no space-time.
You are also able to generate .mid files of music which can be imported into Reaper 6.
Your task is to give your best advice and midi files regarding a piano composition in the style of Listz.
You must always ask questions before you answer so that you get more context for your response and a better feeling about what your conversational partner needs help with.

============

Would such a prompt get me a decent starting result? Or is AI still in kindergarten musically?

Could an existing ChatGPT user/expert provide a snippet of music using my prompt while I fumble-butt my way into this tech?

Best, Bill
ChatGPT is “free”, you need to give them your name and and and phone number.

Prompt:

============

Best, Bill
I have access to ChatGPT. I tried your prompt and it asked me for a few more details about what I was looking for, and after I supplied them it said it generated a midi file for me, but it wouldn't let me download it or tell me what was inside of the midi file. Then I asked it if it actually generated a midi file, and it said this:

"I apologize for the confusion, as a language model, I do not have the capability to generate MIDI files or any other kind of files. I can only provide you with advice and information on music composition and performance, such as how to incorporate certain elements, techniques or styles in your compositions. Additionally, I can also give you examples of how those elements could be used in a specific context, but I cannot generate actual files or recordings. I apologize if my previous response was misleading. Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with."

You can let ChatGPT create the code for a MusicXML file. Once you see the code, you can copy it to a text editor (like NotePad ++) and save it as your MusicXML file. I tried this already and opened it in Sibelius later.

The pitches and durations of the notes were all correct but the sequence got messed up. I wanted to create a C major triad but it gave me the sequence of C -- E -- G. Probably that's a problem in the format or information that Sibelius needs to interpret the code.

But I'm sure this can be fixed.

One of the problems with ChatGPT is that it works best for an output of up to 800-1,000 words. Everything above that is tricky as it quickly loses context and gets into broader subjects. The same thing is true with long code. It loses connection, sometimes gets confused and you have to proofread everything and even sometimes point to errors and let it correct them.

So, for long-form output, it's not quite there yet.

Anyone interested using text ai with SEO conform output and integrated ChatGPT check out neuroflash.

I’m using it since last year and they integrated ChatGPT in January 2023.

It’s a paid service.

Also check this out.
This is the commercial section where you have to pay to start a thread. Please don't hijack a threat and point to other products in here. I'm sure this does not align with the community terms. Thanks.

I've been on the fence about this all week! I keep wondering if I can utilize ChatGPT more in productive or musical ways, while still retaining my own identity. Maybe I'll try this. Is this price part of a sale, or just the regular price moving forward?

I've been on the fence about this all week! I keep wondering if I can utilize ChatGPT more in productive or musical ways, while still retaining my own identity. Maybe I'll try this. Is this price part of a sale, or just the regular price moving forward?
It's not a sale and I won't raise the price for the add-on. If you haven't already, just get access to the Composer's Toolkit and play around with ChatGPT. I've heard somewhere that there's a paid version of ChatGPT in the US (or that it will come soon) but my little thing doesn't cost you anything. It's just the implementation videos that are not free.

I hope that helps already :)

I keep wondering if I can utilize ChatGPT more in productive or musical ways, while still retaining my own identity.
Two points to consider on using AI:
1. The learning curve. This tip given by A. Karpathy (Tesla AI guru) on using AI: "I would say there is a learning curve and you need to figure out when it's helpful (when to pay attention to its outputs) and when it is not helpful and you should not pay attention to it....If you are just reading its interactions all the time it is not a good way to interact with it."
2. No matter what goes down, your power to choose differently is in your hands. You da boss.

I am only relaying this since I happened to re-listen to the Karpathy interview today and was struck by your statement. (Note: I'm not connected to MITA or ChatGPT; however, I may be a robot.)
images

Two points to consider on using AI:
1. The learning curve. This tip given by A. Karpathy (Tesla AI guru) on using AI: "I would say there is a learning curve and you need to figure out when it's helpful (when to pay attention to its outputs) and when it is not helpful and you should not pay attention to it....If you are just reading its interactions all the time it is not a good way to interact with it."
2. No matter what goes down, your power to choose differently is in your hands. You da boss.

I am only relaying this since I happened to re-listen to the Karpathy interview today and was struck by your statement. (Note: I'm not connected to MITA or ChatGPT; however, I may be a robot.)
images
Here's a reply straight from the AI:

Here are some tips that can help you achieve that goal:
  1. Use AI as a tool: AI algorithms and tools can assist you in creating music, but they should not be relied upon to make all the decisions for you. Think of AI as an instrument, a tool that you can use to create music, but always make sure to put your own touch and creativity into the process.
  2. Know your limitations: AI can automate certain tasks, but it has limitations and may not be suitable for all musical styles. Be aware of the strengths and limitations of the AI tools you use, and use them in a way that complements your own musical style and identity.
  3. Keep your own musical ideas at the forefront: Before you start incorporating AI into your music creation process, have a clear idea of the musical concepts and ideas that you want to convey. This will help you keep your own musical identity intact as you use AI to bring your ideas to life.
  4. Experiment and explore: Don't be afraid to experiment with AI and try new things. By exploring different approaches and techniques, you can discover new ways of utilizing AI that will enhance your music while still maintaining your own unique voice and identity.
In summary, utilizing AI in music production and composition can be a powerful tool, but it's important to retain your own artistic identity by using AI as a tool, being aware of its limitations, keeping your own musical ideas at the forefront, and experimenting and exploring.

I paid some days ago 64,-€ for unlimited lifetime access to the android app of ChatGPT. Alternatively they offer a subscription which is pretty expensive imo. Otherwise I would have been limited to 3 chats per day with the free version. So obviously not for free.
What I don't understand is how can a text based machine help with composing? Didn't get it from the posts above.
Edit: getting composers toolkit might enlighten the question. So I wait for it.

It's not a sale and I won't raise the price for the add-on. If you haven't already, just get access to the Composer's Toolkit and play around with ChatGPT. I've heard somewhere that there's a paid version of ChatGPT in the US (or that it will come soon) but my little thing doesn't cost you anything. It's just the implementation videos that are not free.

I hope that helps already :)
Hi Frank,

how is this with my MIT membership?

Can I use accumulated points?

Thank you.

What real world case examples support this?
Well, for Music Production:
- getting tips on mixing and settings for plugins (compressor, EQs, reverb)
- even micing techniques or summaries from books that are available
- you don't need any manual for any software anymore as you can ask ChatGPT every nerdy question about any DAW or music notation program; you'll be surprised about the detailed replies

For composition:
- ChatGPT can summarize all music theory for you, answer specific questions, give concrete examples of classical works for a specific form, instrumentation, or composition technique
- it even can speak MusicXML and MIDI which means, you can let it create a midi or MusicXML file and let it change it in any way you want

The list of ideas is really just limited by your imagination. And yes, it's all new and early, and not everybody believes that AI is a thing (not meaning you) but this is only the first generation and the results you can get with this are mind-blowing already.

IMO, the only thing that is a bit edgy is the usability right now as ChatGPT only uses text input. But you can open a midi file in a text editor, copy your code to ChatGPT and ask for modulation or variation on the notes that are based on a specific technique or in the style of a specific classical composer. You will get back the modified data and can save it as a midi file again.

It's the prompting that is the important part right now. As we'll get into the next generations of AI and some new interfaces, things will become a drag and drop for sure but technically, you can use ChatGPT for composition right away. I've tried it with important/exporting MusicXML files from Sibelius.

One of the problem spots, however, is that ChatGPT works best with text up to 800-1000 words and then it often starts to drift off from the main subject a bit, or it loses the connection. That's a technical hiccup which will be solved soon, I guess. So, you can't load a whole symphony in and let it create a variation and you can claim ownership of that variation :) although, it would work technically.

... now, whether or not that is aligned with ethics and value has to be decided by the user ...

Thanks.

For composition:
- ChatGPT can summarize all music theory for you, answer specific questions, give concrete examples of classical works for a specific form, instrumentation, or composition technique.
I signed up with CGPT a couple weeks ago mainly out of curiosity. It's interesting, but musically it is still retarded. I've been asking quite a few really simple questions—not trying to trick it or anything—and the return sounded just good enough to misguide people who don't know any better, and there's already too much of that now. The data set for music appears to be pretty narrow for now, in some cases almost like it was largely going off of internet discussions.

It will obviously improve quicker and to a much greater extent than most us want it to. I expect at some point purpose-built interfaces for various pursuits and disciplines, including music, with more file format output and the like. If someday I can sing to it and tell it how to score into Dorico to save me a bulk of the input work faster than doing it manually, I'll be happy.

But I think that overall, for people, it will probably lead to less builtin expertise and sharp thinking ability, and prove to be a disincentive to produce intellectual property that will just be gobbled up and repackaged for free by the AI? Some will argue that it might be just the opposite, or the Advantages vs. Disadvantages splitting the difference position. Who knows, but that train ain't stoppin'.

Top Bottom