What's new

TENET

I don’t know why you all are laughing at that...!!!:mad:
I’ll give you a grown up answer. You will never understand why. Because people are shit. We all love what we love and there are people here that don’t agree with you. And they will laugh at your opinion.

Stick to your guns. I always have and will.
For what it’s worth, I loved the music for Tenet but I don’t think it’s the best thing I’ve ever heard.

There’s nothing more dangerous than being in love. You can love something. But being in love with something? Different animal altogether.

I’ll give you a grown up answer. You will never understand why. Because people are shit. We all love what we love and there are people here that don’t agree with you. And they will laugh at your opinion.

For what it’s worth, I loved the music for Tenet but I don’t think it’s the best thing I’ve ever heard.

There’s nothing more dangerous than being in love. You can love something. But being in love with something? Different animal altogether.
I think that one will stay
😉

Well my interest is piqued. After seeing this thread and topic play out for many weeks, I listened to the above piece of music and frankly was quite impressed with the clever amalgam of industrial with Burundi like polyrhythmic stuff going on and the sonata like structure that begins the piece off. Reminded me of how I felt after hearing Bitches Brew for the first time way back when. The music even got me to check out the distillation of themes and all the backwards time stuff that is mentioned in the accompanying video recently posted in this thread.

I can understand the excitment with a lot of these ideas. The bits of the film that I saw in these clips was pretty darn amazing filmmaking despite the dim view that a lot of people seem to be taking from the film. I will have to look at the work at some point.

Last edited:
The polyrhythmic stuff is great. Also, I can imagine lots of re-printing and re-rendering when it came to reversing musical cues to fit the "backwards in time" moments in the film. Must have been a real bitch to get right!

If it isn’t a massive synth bass arp we don’t want it!!!

You triggered me with "The best piece of film music ever..." :grin:, because then this pops into my mind.

Otherwise, hell yea, where's the big BadASS wruuum wruuum at? :elephant:

Not bad, that John Williams guy is pretty good, but where’s the 808s...?

The music (like the rest of the movie) is very polarizing. I’m a big Nolan fan, but this one ranks near the bottom for me for his movies - even tho it is an amazing spectacle and achievement.

The music didn’t really click with me either. Some love it- and that’s great. A few too many time times I kept thinking “that’s a neat patch.” And good grief i found it too loud much of the time. The dialogue mixing approach was truly vexing.

I must be deaf, I hated it lol
If you saw the film in a cinema like the one I did, you're probably well on the way to that.

There's wisdom in them there words.......you should definitely open that second bottle....

Top Bottom