What's new

TAL-J-8 (Jupiter 8 emulation) - still being updated with features!

Did you find any audio demo yet? Looking forward!

Someone on GS compared it to their hardware and first impressions seem positive.

Also just grabbed it, should I add it to your December thread? ;)
MOD, Sampler & UNO-LX are all wonderful.

Sure, go ahead.

I will add TAL J-8 as a Dec. purchase as well.

Oh.. I don't have their Sampler, or UNO-LX. I will check them out.

Does their Sampler do something special, what is it very good at ? Just curious.

Thanks.

Sure, go ahead.

I will add TAL J-8 as a Dec. purchase as well.

Oh.. I don't have their Sampler, or UNO-LX. I will check them out.

Does their Sampler do something special, what is it very good at ? Just curious.

Thanks.

Im getting my Jupiter 8 back from being serviced this week, I have some time off work soon so maybe I'll attempt a bit of a comparison.

The sampler emulates a few classic vintage samplers, with a bunch of control over the emulated DAC section, so if you like that "vintage digital" vibe, this is the sampler for you!

I played around with the demo today and it sounded wonderful! It is very familiar sound and inspiring. I was looking Arturia V 8 collection, but maybe I’m happy with this, Zebra 2 and later I’ll get Diva as well. TAL Juno 6 looks good too.

Last edited:
I played around with the demo today and it sounded wonderful! It is very familiar sound and inspiring. I was looking Arturia V 8 collection, but maybe I’m happy with this, Zebra 2 and later I’ll get Diva as well. TAL Juno 6 is looks good too.

Unless there's specific emulations you "need", or are just looking for a good bargain, Arturia collection is often NOT the way to go. Don't forget you can also get Obsession for an OB-Xa, and bx_oberhausen for a SEM (but only buy when $49 or less), The Legend for a Model D, etc., all of which are as good as, or better than, Arturia's. And Diva can sometimes get close enough to a lot of classic synths that the differences are there, but no one would probably care if the music was good.

Thanks to TAL, Arturia, Cherry Audio, et al, for (yet another) slew of lovely emulations of two classic Roland synths. Seriously, there must be a dozen of these emulations now! Honestly, even the so-so ones are pretty decent.

Now that we've hopefully, finally gotten the J8 mania out of our systems, can we finally talk about some of the REAL beasts out there yet to be emulated properly, or in some cases AT ALL, in software?

Yamaha CS-80
Yamaha FS-1R
Access Virus
DSI Poly Evolver
Oberheim OB-12
Kawai K5000
Roland JD-800
Hartmann Neuron

My checkbook is waiting ...

Top Bottom