What's new

Synth sound used by Hiroyuki Sawano in Attack on Titan

M99

Hey guys, I have been wondering for a while, what type of sound (or VST) did Hiroyuki Sawano use in the song YouSeeBIGGIRL/T:T from Attack on Titan, to achieve that siren-like sound in the second part? Does anyone know?

It is the most prominent from 1:36

Pretty simple synth sound, could be made on most subtractive (and wavetable) synths with two oscillators and a pitch envelope. So since it is kind of generic I doubt whether people will be able to tell what exact plugin (or hardware synth) was used here, but it also doesn’t matter much because it can literally be achieved on most synths.

Maybe it’s just the pitchbend wheel, on second listen. Take two oscillators, dial in a gritty sawtooth or a buzzy wavetable, tune them an octave apart, apply some filtering and bend the pitch while playing. Should get you close

Pretty simple synth sound, could be made on most subtractive (and wavetable) synths with two oscillators and a pitch envelope. So since it is kind of generic I doubt whether people will be able to tell what exact plugin (or hardware synth) was used here, but it also doesn’t matter much because it can literally be achieved on most synths.

Maybe it’s just the pitchbend wheel, on second listen. Take two oscillators, dial in a gritty sawtooth or a buzzy wavetable, tune them an octave apart, apply some filtering and bend the pitch while playing. Should get you close
Ah I see, thank you!
Although sadly I'm really a noob with synths (I just use presets with some alterations most of the time), so I'm not sure I'll be able to achieve that exact same sound this way...
Plus I've already tried it with some saw-like sounds, but they're never similar to the original

In addition of what doctormmet said, you can use ni massive to achieve that, or the built in . Cheers

Reactions: M99
Hey guys, I have been wondering for a while, what type of sound (or VST) did Hiroyuki Sawano use in the song YouSeeBIGGIRL/T:T from Attack on Titan, to achieve that siren-like sound in the second part? Does anyone know?

It is the most prominent from 1:36

Gives me chills every time

Top Bottom