What's new

Synchron Strings Pro

Markrs

Complete Beginner
Just saw the YouTube videos for this. Probably out of my price range but very interested to hear other peoples thoughts on it

Last edited:
Hmm.

Something about it still sounds stiff and midi to me? It's the same quality I hear in some of the chris hein stuff... it's like the intonation has been pitch corrected or something, I know the player has intonation randomization - but it's hard to describe

Is this an upgrade from synchron Strings I? I had a look and couldn't find an answer and synchron Strings I has more sampled content and is a higher price even with a discount to co-inside with this release

Is this an upgrade from synchron Strings I? I had a look and couldn't find an answer and synchron Strings I has more sampled content and is a higher price even with a discount to co-inside with this release
I can't figure out if this is just samples from synchron strings or something new.

I can't figure out if this is just samples from synchron strings or something new.

Synchron Strings Pro includes a few articulations from Synchron Strings I (staccatos, legatos senza and molto vibrato, long notes, flautandos, etc.), but most articulations are new recordings.

Those is a quote from the product page for synchron Strings Pro

I think its new recordings, with some articulations / recordings taken from Synchron Strings 1. I'm not sure if that is the case though. It could be useful to have some confirmation from VSL if that's the case and if so whats new recordings and whats taken from Synchron Strings 1?

I'm lost, it looks and sounds like more comprehensive library than Synchron Strings 1. But PRO suggest it contains SS1 and more. Which is not true. And it costs less than SS1. VSL, what the hell? ;)

But my biggest issue is that I like the sound of those... again xD

I'm getting it for sure, just have decide between standard and full. With Synchron Strings I and my current reverb setup (7th Heaven Pro) I mostly use the close and mid mics. The extra mics might be nice for the future though...

Top Bottom