What's new

Student sound engineer looking for experience mixing and mastering

David Stevens

Hello! I have been learning mixing and mastering for the past four years, and I would love to try out my skills at mixing and mastering music tracks from various different genres. If anyone has any music they would like to be mixed and mastered for free, I would love the experience and would love constructive criticism on the work that I do. Here is my SoundCloud, which contains some of the tracks I have mixed and mastered: https://soundcloud.com/davidstevens-4. Please PM or email me at [email protected] if you would be interested in my services.

Listening on a gamer headset connected to a laptop, and...as an engineer and producer, the first track is a rousing trailer-esque orchestra piece that suffers either from over-compression or a low-res MP3 format. Allowing for the shite quality of laptop outputs, it lacks clarity, compared to similar orchestral content in online videogames that I play regularly. My biggest complaint is the distortion; it's plenty loud, for the genre. I do hope that's constructive.

I think it'd be really amazing to have an exchange for folks to mix and re-mix each others' tracks, just to hear the different, cool perspectives.

I don't understand what this is! First track on your soundcloud called "Into Darkness" is from Really Slow motion - Dominus by Blakus, you give the track a new name and also no credit to Blakus and Really Slow Motion in this case, like wtf? :S this should be reported

Yeah thats the same track. I have informed Blakus about this and hopefully he and RSM will take action. David may not have known that this track was stolen, but really can't see how you could not hear that it was a finished track since it sounds damn great from the beginning. You totally destroyed it so have no clue what you did... its damn sad that people still do this, hope this Aberaham Lohnes gets to pay a high price for this

I did not know that track was stollen. I had mixed that track for somebody else. They said that they had made that song.

He requested that I compress the song. I knew it would destroy the track, but I did what he requested since he was the customer.

Do you know if any other tracks are pirated on his SoundCloud page? His username is: pixelwookie99.

Last edited:
he requested that I compress the song. I knew it would destroy the track, but I did what he requested since he was the customer.

Do you know if any other tracks are pirated on his SoundCloud page? His username is: pixelwookie99.
David, I can see its not easy for you to understand that it was stolen, but I just wonder how could you mix it when you didn't have all separate audio files of the project? I mean, mastering just require the stereo file, so it would be easy for him to send the finished file and just ask you to over compress it, but mixing it?

I suggest you let Blakus and RSM take action and not you. You should be fine with this but let them handle it and not you

Top Bottom