What's new

Strezov Sampling presents AFFLATUS Chapter 1 // 1.2 Update feat. 18GB of new sample content

@Strezov @StrezovSampling If I may ask/suggest something... Would you be able to also create Ensemble patches of the Portatos (from the individual sections) for the Minimalist and Scene D'amour Portatos? So we can play full chords? Something similar to the Minimalist Ensemble patch but for the Portatos. And possibly with the sordino option as well if it is not too much to ask :)

Thanks. Loving the library every single day. It is completely #nextgen
Best purchase of the year!

@Strezov @StrezovSampling If I may ask/suggest something... Would you be able to also create Ensemble patches of the Portatos (from the individual sections) for the Minimalist and Scene D'amour Portatos? So we can play full chords? Something similar to the Minimalist Ensemble patch but for the Portatos. And possibly with the sordino option as well if it is not too much to ask :)

Thanks. Loving the library every single day. It is completely #nextgen
Best purchase of the year!

Would love that as well!

Looking forward to the update!

Here's what I would love to see in future updates...

- a Trailer Ensemble patch (not just a Trailer Basses patch). This should be easy, since it doesn't require any extra recording, correct? Same for Pop low strings (where are the Pop high strings?) In other words, more consistency!

- the ability to isolate, and adjust each instrument within certain ensemble patches. For example, wouldn't it be great if you could turn up/down the choir volume on the Angelic Strings patch, or isolate it completely?

- Extended range on some of the patches (Christmas Strings, for example).

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I do strongly feel that a library at this price point demands above and beyond options/features.

With that said, I commend Strezov Sampling for actually making Afflatus a "living" library. It truly makes libraries that much more valuable and relevant, so thank you!

Last edited:
Looking forward to the update! Similar to the Pads section I too would like to see that kind of control with some of the other patches. For instance on the Shark Strings where we could adjust the levels of the different combined instruments like Piano and basses or even solo them like we can with the pads.

Keep coming back to this thread. It seems like most people are really happy with Afflatus.

Could be buyer's bias though, having paid a very high price.

Be nice to see how many like it when it's fairly priced.

Also nice if there were patches with the traditional V1, V2 etc. etc. split and articulation switching.

Last edited:
Hey all,

we just received a brandnew demo for Afflatus by Aleksandar Dimitrijevic and posted the complete changelog for the free 1.1 update to be released very soon. We managed to add many of your suggestions into the library and there is still more to come (new additional recordings). Thanks for the ongoing support and feedback!

====================
PATCH OPTIMIZATION:
====================
Patch names change for easier browsing.
Contemporary Strings Spicc - improved playability
Pop Low Strings - improved playability
Scene d'Amour Violas Legato - fixed bug
Pharaoh Strings - fixed bug
Improved Loops and legato transitions on multiple patches

ADVANCED OPTIONS:
====================

Sustained Notes
--------------------
If switched on all the played notes will be sustained even if you release the key(s) from your keyboard.
By default it's assigned to MIDI CC#64 (Sustain Pedal) on all sustain/legato patches that do not have a divisi section, but you can use the RMB to assign it to a different MIDI controller.

Niente
--------------------
If switched on this will increase the dynamic range of the instruments by fading out the volume to -oo dB.

KS Key Base
--------------------
Hold down the LMB and drag up or down to set the base key for the keyswitches (on patches where they are available).

Dynamics (only on sustain/legato patches)
--------------------
Click this button to start the MIDI learn function. The MIDI controller you choose will be used as a substitute for the MOD Wheel.
Please note that you can not detach the MOD Wheel from its original function, i.e. it will always control the dynamics along with the new controller.

Expression
--------------------
Click this button to start the MIDI learn function. The MIDI controller you choose will be used as a substitute for the Expression controller.
Please note that you can not detach the Expression controller from its original function, i.e. it will always control the expression along with the new controller.

Attack (AHDSR)
--------------------
Set the AHDSR envelope's attack portion of the short and sustain samples (not the legato transitions).

Release (AHDSR)
--------------------
Set the AHDSR envelope's release portion of the short and release samples.

NEW DEFAULT MIDI CONTROLLERS:
====================
CC#22 - Volume Close Mic
CC#23 - Volume Decca Mic
CC#24 - Volume Hall Mic

CC#22 - Volume Texture Mic (only on PADS patch)
CC#23 - Volume Synths Mic (only on PADS patch)
CC#24 - Volume Perc Mic (only on PADS patch)
CC#25 - Volume FX Mic (only on PADS patch)

CC#64 - Divisi (on all sustain/legato patches that have a divisi section).
CC#64 - Sustained Notes (on all sustain/legato patches that do not have a divisi section).

ADDED SORDINOS:
====================

Ensembles
--------------------
The Mouse Strings

Single Sections
--------------------
Chamber Cellos, Violas, Violins II, Violins I
Impressionist Cellos, Violas, Violins II, Violins I
Spicc Basses, Cellos, Violas, Violins II, Violins I
Pizz Basses, Cellos, Violas, Violins II, Violins I

sorry, just double checking. to update the to v1.1 we need to re-download all the files again?

No, just the instrument files and the .nkc/.nkr. There will be a detailed tutorial online once we get the files back from NI :)

Thanks for the suggestions - some of these won't be possible at this point (most of the instrument combinations are recorded together as an ensemble in the studio), some we have already added in our wishlist spreadsheet.
Also, we also managed to record a little extra stuff for the content update next year. Will soon make a short video of it...

Happy to hear that new content will continue to be added!

Speaking of which, another thing I would love to see are some string fx: rips, slides, clusters, etc. Maybe even some unusual or more avant-garde based fx?

terrific @Strezov for sending out the update 1.1 to us.

I can't find the instruction for the"how to update" (earlier post you guys mentioned a vid) but its possibly straight forward?:
- back up first and copy paste
- or drag & drop everything from the "samples" map (below the 2 upper nkc / nkr files) to the new update?

So cool! I will download this update tonight. Looks pretty straight forward but please keep us in the loop if anyone has any issues with the installation! Thanks Strezov team and Merry Christmas!

Mac install is straight forward (the blog is great, just decipher for your platform). Now being able to use the sustain pedal is pure heaven! Thanks Strezov!

I have played with the new update half an hour right now: with the niente option, the possibility to change cc for dynamic, the sustain pedal and all the other new stuff this is absolutely my best purchase of 2018!!!!
And with the next update (first chairs, cellos d'amour...) this could be easily my best purchase also for 2019 ;)
The dynamic range and the playability are great, the sound is fantastic...ok, I stop here...

Thanks for the update!

Question though, is it just me, or does maxing out the attack only work on the first note in a sequence? In other words, the rest of the notes after the first note aren't affected (I'm using the Lush Strings patch).

Looks like you can't adjust the modulation under the hood either. It keeps resetting as soon as you play a note. Weird.

Also, the Niente feature seems to take no affect in the Lush Strings patch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom