What's new

Staff Pad Hardware compatibility list.

I have a Surface 3 (not pro) with 4 gb of ram and a Microsoft pen. Would I be able to use Staffpad smoothly with that configuration? Staffpad is on sale for a couple of days, but I'm afraid it won't be fluid enough and may be lagging.
With the default Staffpad library, probably yes, with the third party ones, it may struggle

I have a Surface 3 (not pro) with 4 gb of ram and a Microsoft pen. Would I be able to use Staffpad smoothly with that configuration? Staffpad is on sale for a couple of days, but I'm afraid it won't be fluid enough and may be lagging.
expansions didn't work for me. Tons of audio dropouts even with 8 gigs of ram. But my surface five and surface 6 are smooth. The occasional hiccup with playback but rare

Ok OK, I'm resurrecting this thread but I put it into search and didn't see it. I know this has a touch screen but I wonder about pen input:

HP Envy Move

EDIT: Just got done with a video chat with HP customer support. The HP rep says it WILL have Stylus support.

IMO this remains to be seen as its a new product. But this could be promising.

Last edited:
Hmmm about half the price of my suggestion and it is at an angle. I was thinking of The HP Envy as a multi-solution machine. Use it for staff pad, and other office things, and then as a mobile monitor for viewing films and presentations.
If that’s what you want, than go for HP Envy !

Hello, I found this monitor on internet.
Is it something for StaffPad?
That looks fantastic ; still not too may videos showing the pen / capacitive / pasive / active ? - maybe a walkthrough/unboxing and using the device would be great !

Last edited:
Hello, I found this monitor on internet.
Is it something for StaffPad?
Need to verify it has something like Wacom style pen input, they mention capacitive pen but I think that is just like a finger touch which may not work with Staffpad

Need to verify it has something like Wacom style pen input, they mention capacitive pen but I think that is just like a finger touch which may not work with Staffpad
Unfortunately, I'm afraid about that too ....

Last edited:
I like it but at that price point, Something like the HP Envy Move has the same size and pen support and can run staffpad all on its own
HI Jonathan,

Could you please post the link of the AIO model from HP Envy Move, which has pen support ?
Thanks

PS; never mind "The HP rep says it WILL have Stylus support." , got it !

Last edited:
HI Jonathan,

Could you please post the link of the AIO model from HP Envy Move, which has pen support ?
Thanks

PS; never mind "The HP rep says it WILL have Stylus support." , got it !
Yeah I like the screen size but for the price. . . might as well have something that can be productive

Im not sure if this is the right thread....
anyway, what midi controller(keyboard) do you use with iPad Pro/Staffpad? Also do you recommend 2 or 3 octaves or more?

anyway, what midi controller(keyboard) do you use with iPad Pro/Staffpad? Also do you recommend 2 or 3 octaves or more?
Using my M1 iPad Pro pretty much any usb compliant midi controller works, including keyboards, pads and control surfaces.

In terms of octaves, Staffpad only records midi in real time so an octave limited keyboard might prove challenging to play on.

Using my M1 iPad Pro pretty much any usb compliant midi controller works, including keyboards, pads and control surfaces.

In terms of octaves, Staffpad only records midi in real time so an octave limited keyboard might prove challenging to play on.
Thank you ssnowe.

I'd say that it depends on how 'portable' you need to be.

I have a collection of MIDI synths/pianos, and they all work with an iPad for MIDI. (an old Casio Privia 88 key piano, new Roland Juno 76 note synth, 25 key Arturia mini keyboard, 49 key Alesis MIDI keyboard). I use Sibelius on my DAW, and have bought these various keyboards over the years for my work depending on where I'm working or my desk size. You can take the Arturia with you anywhere!

The little Arturia's are great and will fit in a laptop bag. You do have to be careful of your playing, because you really can't play anything beyond the current octave setting very easily unless you have a bar rest and you can hit the octave button while recording.

A 49 key MIDI controller is great. It can cover the range of a string quartet for all intents and general purpose. And, you can switch octaves when needed.

But, nothing beats being at your home studio with a 76 or 88 key setup for playing.

I'd say that it depends on how 'portable' you need to be.

I have a collection of MIDI synths/pianos, and they all work with an iPad for MIDI. (an old Casio Privia 88 key piano, new Roland Juno 76 note synth, 25 key Arturia mini keyboard, 49 key Alesis MIDI keyboard). I use Sibelius on my DAW, and have bought these various keyboards over the years for my work depending on where I'm working or my desk size. You can take the Arturia with you anywhere!

The little Arturia's are great and will fit in a laptop bag. You do have to be careful of your playing, because you really can't play anything beyond the current octave setting very easily unless you have a bar rest and you can hit the octave button while recording.

A 49 key MIDI controller is great. It can cover the range of a string quartet for all intents and general purpose. And, you can switch octaves when needed.

But, nothing beats being at your home studio with a 76 or 88 key setup for playing.
Thank you for sharing your experience :)

Top Bottom