What's new

Spitfire Orchestral Swarm on sale 25% off

I love Orchestral Swarm. It is indeed really good for layering with other orchestral sounds. I'm actually right this moment messing around with OS and eDNA Earth and I'm really liking the combo...

I wonder if this sale is influenced by OT Time Macro coming out. They seem to be quite similar although function differently. The woodwinds in Swarm are very nice.

I can easily recommend this one. It's great for adding a sort of aleatoric motion to orchestral textures, and it also can make perfect source audio to then do all kinds of manipulations with.

Used my educational discount alongside the reduced price - really really happy!
Been sketching ideas for an 8 part piece based on the lunar cycle - these are just the sounds I'm after. May pick up Time Macro to compliment it too.

No, I think the educational discount is off the full price. But let us know if it isn't. Swarm is already on the buy list, full price or not. I'm just trying to decide if I can afford/need/want anything else. And what. If the discount is off the sales price, I can just buy more! LOL!

Edit: I sent in a request with the question. I'll let you know what I hear back.

Last edited:
thanx ! I originally decided I shouldn't spend money at all. but if discounts stack... I'm out of control regarding that prior decision...

With the sounds being so random, is this library useful for music that has a set tempo? Seems like the randomness of the sound would distract from the tempo.

It's not tempo synced, the tempos are not standardized (as far as I can tell) and in most cases the rhythm has random variations. It's a temporally aleatoric element in a composition.

It can give rise to interesting polyrhythms and syncopations against elements with a pronounced tempo, which may be either persistent or passing depending on the particular Swarm patch, it's best to be working at the note editor level for that. Somehow it just works, although EDM composers may be disappointed.

Not all patches are rhythmic, there are some approximately "sustain" tenuto patches, spiccatos, pizz, and other stuff where you play the rhythm as normal. The "Whisper" patches are pretty nice, sustains that are harmonic sounding.

FWIW, buyers should not expect anything like a fleshed out orchestra from Swarm, this is special stuff.

Got a reply from Spitfire. You get the educational discount off the full price, not the sales price. Unless, of course, the sales price is lower than the educational discount, in which case you get the sales price only.

So, no stacking.....

Used my educational discount alongside the reduced price - really really happy!
Been sketching ideas for an 8 part piece based on the lunar cycle - these are just the sounds I'm after. May pick up Time Macro to compliment it too.

I get the EDU from SF also...what percentage off did it come to, if you don't mind...I didn't think they combined discounts.

Got a reply from Spitfire. You get the educational discount off the full price, not the sales price. Unless, of course, the sales price is lower than the educational discount, in which case you get the sales price only.

So, no stacking.....

that's what I thought..just asked the same question. Thanks

Thanks Dzillizzi. damned. I was getting used to the idea I "should" get it because of the unbeatable discount stacking..

Jaketanner you can eventually get it for 140.68 euros if you get 9 correct answers in their quizz (there was one question for which I thought the 3 answers were wrong, there should be my mistake).

Thanks Dzillizzi. damned. I was getting used to the idea I "should" get it because of the unbeatable discount stacking..

Jaketanner you can eventually get it for 140.68 euros if you get 9 correct answers in their quizz (there was one question for which I thought the 3 answers were wrong, there should be my mistake).

I think I had an additional 5% with that quiz. I answered what I knew without watching the videos. Lol. But I’ll see if I really need this or not. Thanks.

Dang, I only got 4% - missed two somehow, even though I googled most of the answers. ;)
Still, better than any prior discounts I've seen. I'm just trying to decide what else to get with it or even if I should get anything else. I'm actually pretty set and I'm looking at something else that I have to grab by tomorrow.

I get the EDU from SF also...what percentage off did it come to, if you don't mind...I didn't think they combined discounts.

To clarify!
My educational discount + the quiz was 44.5% off (think I got the question about Friends off). However.... I applied for the educational discount on Swarm before the £50 price cut. Just double checked my receipt, for whatever reason, the discounts stacked and I was able to get Swarm for £82.69. Presume it was as I applied for the discount before the price cut.
Gorgeous library btw - niche but if you have something specific in mind the sounds are just incredible!

Top Bottom