What's new

Spitfire Audio - "It's all about to change" - BBCSO Core / Discover

As potentially promising as Apples new chips and the computers looks, I almost always try to avoid any 1st run of anything Apple releases whether it’s software or hardware.
There’s usually a quick fix with a .01 or .02 software update but with hardware the fix might require a change in the actual build and architecture making the 1st run somewhat obsolete.
With Macs numerous times a major update comes a year or two later and the initial release can not utilize the latest revisions.
Will I consider these new M1 Macs? Sure! eventually.......................Initially not a chance ,lol

Hi,

I recently got BBC SO Core. So far I like it, but I am wondering if it is normal that it takes so long to load up a patch. The library is on the same external NVMe as my Kontakt Libraries (which load very fast - even large patches). Still, BBC SO loads relatively slow compared to the others. I just opened at complete template and it took a few minutes to load everything ...

Is this normal?

Hi,

I recently got BBC SO Core. So far I like it, but I am wondering if it is normal that it takes so long to load up a patch. The library is on the same external NVMe as my Kontakt Libraries (which load very fast - even large patches). Still, BBC SO loads relatively slow compared to the others. I just opened at complete template and it took a few minutes to load everything ...

Is this normal?

Unfortunately yes. It loads quite a bit slower than my other libraries. Part of it might be the player, and part of it might be the fact that patches load with all articulations enabled.

The spitfire player would need a way to to quickly load/unload articulations from the main page of the multi articulation patches.

Disabling them completely from the editor is not really the same thing, we really do want them all available, just the option to load/unload at will from the main page. ❤️

Unfortunately yes. It loads quite a bit slower than my other libraries. Part of it might be the player, and part of it might be the fact that patches load with all articulations enabled.

The spitfire player would need a way to to quickly load/unload articulations from the main page of the multi articulation patches.

Disabling them completely from the editor is not really the same thing, we really do want them all available, just the option to load/unload at will from the main page. ❤

Ah, I see. Well, at least I know it's just not my system.

What I am really missing (but I knew this before) is an option to purge samples, like in Kontakt. If your RAM has limits, this is essential ...

What are the odds there will be promotional pricing with the upgrades?

Core is on sale now, but if it's going to be cheaper or the same price with the upgrade, I'll wait.

I have Discover, but the lack of extended articulations is frustrating. It's like building a house with only hand tools. I find it headache-inducing as a sketch tool.

Core is on sale now, but if it's going to be cheaper or the same price with the upgrade, I'll wait.

I have Discover, but the lack of extended articulations is frustrating. It's like building a house with only hand tools. I find it headache-inducing as a sketch tool.

I highly doubt it. BBCSO was released about a year ago and the Core edition only a few months ago. 40 % is already a lot ...

Updates are generally free. This will be an update. You aren't going to get a better deal than 40% off any time soon.

Seriously, you are complaining about the incompleteness of a $49 library?

I bought Core a week or so ago for €220 as an upgrade to Discover. Insane value, there´s so much there and the sound quality is massively better than Discover. Very happy with the purchase.

I bought Core a week or so ago for €220 as an upgrade to Discover. Insane value, there´s so much there and the sound quality is massively better than Discover. Very happy with the purchase.

I'm pleased to hear it. I agree the value is excellent. I wanted to see how others were enjoying it before I try to scrape up the cash.

Top Bottom