What's new

Spitfire Audio “This is London Calling” - BBC Symphony Orchestra

BBC orchestra at Abbey Road 1 with Shawn Murphy, in collaboration with Jasper for the ultimate performances? Sampled deeper than deep itself. With bespoke as an added bonus.
Including multiple IRs of both AR and AIR.
Oh and optional Alan Meyerson mixes.
Plus OT style shop to purchase individual sections.

Last edited:
BBC orchestra at Abbey Road 1 with Shawn Murphy, in collaboration with Jasper for the ultimate performances? Sampled deeper than deep itself. With bespoke as an added bonus.
Including multiple IRs of both AR and AIR.
Oh and optional Alan Meyerson mixes.
Plus OT style shop to purchase individual sections.
Something close to this would honestly be the only thing that could live up to the hype they are trying to build.

Just to reiterate for anyone that hasn’t seen my earlier posts. It’s not subscription.
33p50qknpd6x.gif

VI control will never let this go... ;)

Bits and gags aside - if this is what some of us believe it might just be - then SF will have justified the hype and created something that no-one else will be able to replicate.

I'm proper hyped but l'll be on holiday when the news drops. Maybe I can sneak away once the kids are in bed to watch the presentation..

Here is the big question. Do I buy SSS now to get the update IF that’s what they’re doing before prices go up, or wait. LOL

Actually, I reckon the price of SSS might go down.

That would be something...then I will wait..I'm in no rush, but just didn't want it to go up because they added things or made it all PRO versions. Hoping for an update to SCS though which I already have...that would be great. :)

Just received a 25% discount coupon from Spitfire which expires on Monday. Seems like they really want people to buy something before the announcement.
This tells me then, that they may not be releasing any new library. Because why tempt people to spend their money BEFORE a new library announcement? I think it might just be upgrades.

Trying to get in the mood of the thread...

OR they want you to buy something before the event, knowing that you'll also want to buy something after the event !

OR it's subscription, and they want to offer something to the "loyal customers" before they really feel bad.

:emoji_imp:

....or there's no link to the upcoming event and that a 25% limited run sale makes a bit of money for Spitfire over the weekend. The simplest explanation is usually etc etc..

Does anyone remember what is their normal Black Friday Discount is it 30%-40% I do actually want to pick up SCS, however might be prudent to wait until their new announcement ?

I just now purchased Iceni with the 25% off. I chatted live with them and was promised that the big announcement WAS NOT a bigger discount on Iceni!

I'm confused. Hadn't we worked out what this is already? Why is this still going?

London Symphony Orchestra recorded at Maida Vale. The announcement is at the Barbican because thats the LSO's new home and I expect there will also be a hook up between Spitfire and the new music education facility being built there.

Please stop now.

I think everyone was speculating the BBC Symphony Orchestra not London Symphony Orchestra (they are very different) The BBC are based in Maida Vale, the LSO at the Barbican. The choice of Barbican is probably not relevant, it's just a venue. Although would have made more sense to use the iconic Maida Vale if that's where it was recorded.

Top Bottom