What's new

Spitfire Audio “This is London Calling” - BBC Symphony Orchestra

SStO standard is cheap, a teaser if you will to the real deal in the series: the pro version is as expensive as, but more limited in instruments and mic positions, as BBCSO. Also it doesn't have the room of Maida Vale, which BBCSO has, but is recorded in a small side room (air1) at lyndhurst.
Sorry, I wasn't clear, I meant the SSO in LUNA is 599, while the SSO Chamber Version on Spitfire is 1449.

Last edited:
Sorry, I wasn't clear, I meant the SSO in LUNA is 599, while the SSO Chamber Version on Spitfire is 1149.

Why is there a 75% sale on NI's website for cinecamples bundle, while on cinesamples' website the regular prices are still in place?

Because there is a joint marketing campaign going on, initiated by and therefor only on the site/company that offers the sale. :)

same as with hardware, with free licenses for third party commercial software

Why is there a 75% sale on NI's website for cinecamples bundle, while on cinesamples' website the regular prices are still in place?

Because there is a joint marketing campaign going on, initiated by and therefor only on the site/company that offers the sale. :)

same as with hardware, with free licenses for third party commercial software
But the Luna price is crazy low. So I am thinking it is a limited version in some way.

I looked at the Chamber Strings page. Nothing on articulations or instruments other than what shows on the picture. And no mic positions. So only whatever mix mic they gave.

Just chatted with Spitfire and asked them about it, their answer: Generally speaking though, there is slightly less content in those versions I believe Hence the price adjustments

I'm no scripter, but I imagine porting kontakt into UA's player would not be easy. So I assume Spitfire gave UA a custom version of the Spitfire player. They've put basic string parts (longs) inside Shape which is probably simple, but there is a reason the rest of the library doesn't play in Shape.

I'm no scripter, but I imagine porting kontakt into UA's player would not be easy. So I assume Spitfire gave UA a custom version of the Spitfire player. They've put basic string parts (longs) inside Shape which is probably simple, but there is a reason the rest of the library doesn't play in Shape.
I'm not a scripter either, but I'm assuming they can use the BBCSO player and port the samples in? I;m not sure though... But I'm pretty sure based on the fact that they did the LUNA thing, they will update SSO soon to the player

Is there anywhere to find logic or cubase files of BBCSO projects? I expected to find some on Spitfire's "The Page", but none there.

See
Is there anywhere to find logic or cubase files of BBCSO projects? I expected to find some on Spitfire's "The Page", but none there.
Hmm, I see "download logic session" at the bottom of most of the tutorial pages? Have to click on the thumbnails first

Why would you not use the VST3? I never install the VST2s anymore. I use Cubase 10.5, and I don't recall there being an issue with VST3s in a very long time.
I don't know why, but on my computer it's an issue. VTS2 works but not VTS3. On cubase 10.5. But, yeah, I forgot to say that it was a specific case.

Just contacted support, they said some interesting things:
SSO update is confirmed/planned
I also talked about my crappy specs, and I asked about whether BBCSO would work, they said this:
I would actually say, hold off a few weeks - we may have something that is more for you if you're thinking of BBCSO.
They said in about May... Wonder what that is...

Luckily they said it is before the Spring sale :) I would have bought something else
I'm anxiously waiting for it!

I would actually say, hold off a few weeks - we may have something that is more for you if you're thinking of BBCSO.
They said in about May... Wonder what that is...
<Perks up>
So - something new regarding BBCSO that isn't a spring sale price reduction? Have I got that right? My 16gb MBP arrives tomorrow and a "just the tree/mixes" version of BBCSO would be right up my street.

Top Bottom