What's new

Spitfire Audio “This is London Calling” - BBC Symphony Orchestra

For me it’s the orchestral foundation from which I start, often not needing anything else (except a grand piano).
Thanks !

I Love your reply.

I have decided to make the BBCSO Pro my Go-To composing library. Just finished making the template last week, and so far I'm delighted by what this library offers.

I tend to need some more perc. instruments to complement it. But in general it covers a lot of ground. I also would have liked to have a full strings ensemble patch, but I can easily use one from another library mainly for fast sketching purposes.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

For overall straight up orchestral music, BBC Pro is great. I have also used it successfully for a more modern, middle eastern influenced score without having to embellish anything. I did add an alto flute and euphonium (which are missing), but no other external library...unless BBC didn't have the instrument. In other words, no layering. :)

I'm not sure I need something like Unify, although, I didn't check what Unify offers for the BBCSO Library. Would I really benefit form it ?

I'm hosting the BBCSO Pro via VE-Pro 7, on a slave PC, it's not on my DAW PC. Would I still be able to use Unify if I decided to ?

Thanks.

I don't know about the latter, but I love Unify (with CoreStation on BBCSO Pro) for allowing me to "play" BBCSO as a multi-threaded instrument more easily than I could have imagined. This vid may be explanatory:

I checked what Unify offers, and I don't really think I need it, and honestly I don't want another layer of complexity interfering with my general workflow when using my BBCSO Pro template hosted via VE-Pro 7. So, I will pass on Unify. But Thanks for the recommendation anyways.

Quite understandable. I’m looking forward to running BBCSO Pro on the next MacBook Pro when it gets launched this fall.

Quite understandable. I’m looking forward to running BBCSO Pro on the next MacBook Pro when it gets launched this fall.
I'm on Windows 10. Hosting the BBCSO Pro on two slave PCs.

One slave PC for the Strings and Woodwinds, the second one for the Brass and Perc. , My Master PC running Studio One Pro 5.3 also Windows 10. using zero RAM to load the BBCSO Pro library on my Master PC. I'm very happy with this super efficient system.

I'm not sure I need something like Unify, although, I didn't check what Unify offers for the BBCSO Library. Would I really benefit form it ?
I don't know what unify is capable of, but with Studio One 5 (according to your signature), it is really easy to create your own playable ensemble instrument using the Studio One Multi-instrument function (define key regions for the Instruments, add staccato depending on velocity for the Instruments where no extended legato is available, add/change the cc behavior to shape the ensemble Sound, etc.).

This is really powerful in my opinion.
I also created my own Multi Instruments for the brass, where the cuivre Patch is mixed/layered with the (extended) legato Patches in the higher cc1 values, so that i have a playable brass patch including cuivre as the top layer.

one quick word about create an ensemble patch, versus using one that has been recorded as an ensemble...they are not going to be the same at all. There are some libraries that actually recorded the ensemble playing together...this is a much more useable sound...the other way, is simply a layering of patches which you can easily do in any DAW, but you won't get the homogenous sound of all strings recorded at once...But you can use an instrument track, then split out the MIDI channels, or group together multiple instances...but the easiest of course is to just use Kontakt in OMNI mode and create your own, IF that's what you want to do...BBC is not really made for that purpose though. I would use a dedicated library that has recorded ensembles.

@spitefireaudio There will be a future update to bring on traditional legato and extended for Strings Section and Leaders to? As the newest last update addition on wood or brass.

@spitefireaudio There will be a future update to bring on traditional legato and extended for Strings Section and Leaders to? As the newest last update addition on wood or brass.
Are you referring to Performance Legato Patches for the string sections, and leaders ?

Are you referring to Performance Legato Patches for the string sections, and leaders ?
There are Legato extended and just simply Legato with the last update for Woods or Brass but anyone on Strings. It is annoying the actual legato on Strings because of this. It will be so much easy to play or program with these updates

Top Bottom