What's new

Spitfire Audio “This is London Calling” - BBC Symphony Orchestra

Maybe the official announcement for the roadmap for their products to stop supporting Kontakt and merge over to their own platform, starting with the comeback of Albion II.

Its gonna be a creative media Linux OS specially designed to handle audio and video application
and all the other vendors will follow up and design their product for Spitfire Linux OS
it will be stability heaven for all
and it will have the brand new spitfire sampler installed with every Labs instruments
and try before buy/rent an instrument
it will have all the features Kontakt has
and their new Air Reverb.

My guesses:

- Subscription service
- Leaving Kontakt
- More short articulations for their strings libs
- A "per patch" store (as in "buy only the violas from SSS)

Christian said this on Twitter:

“This is going to be an historic shift for the craft of sampleism.”

Must be something directly sample related. Some kind of new sample/physical modelling hybrid?

I don't think they're going to spend the entire month of August hyping up an announcement that they're shifting to their own engine, since they've already been shifting to their own engine for quite a while now.

"Historic shift for the craft of sampleism" also implies this is something they consider more significant than an existing product update or rerelease.

Christian said this on Twitter:

“This is going to be an historic shift for the craft of sampleism.”

Must be something directly sample related. Some kind of new sample/physical modelling hybrid?

Christian is quite keen on helping us get into sampling (see the Piano Book project as an example). It could be something to do with helping us publish our home-grown libraries maybe?

I'd love to see their engine opened up for general use to help budding samplists find their feet in the industry. The Photosynthesis engine is good but requires full Kontakt, as does the Project Chaos engine so I think we're missing something that everyone could use in this area.

Either that or a subscription ;)

Top Bottom