What's new

Spitfire Audio “This is London Calling” - BBC Symphony Orchestra

Actually, no!
A recent Studio Series purchase plus a new baby in the house has kinda put the brakes on.
As a Spitfire fan, BBC fan and stiff-upper-lip brit, it's 100% inevitable that I'll take the plunge at some point, perhaps later in the year if the music-income gods are kind.

In the meantime, I'm happy to follow the thread for news and "bantz."
A
I'm in a somewhat different situation... I preordered BBCSO, but as my family and I are repatriating back to the US this week, and my computer/keyboard won't arrive until early-mid November, I will have the SSD in my hands and no way to use it while I listen/drool/cry over all the great music starting to appear on VI. I'll will be taking copious notes though... so still very excited for the launch day.

Zedcars

Klaatu barada nikto
T-Minus...

Symphony No. 9 in D minor, Op. 125, (1824) 4th Movement (condensed version) by Ludwig van Beethoven.
Flash Mob performance in Plaça de Sant Roc, Sabadell, Spain by Vallès Symphony Orchestra, the Lieder, Amics de l'Òpera and Coral Belles Arts choirs on 19th May 2012:

"Blue Rondo à la Turk" by The Dave Brubeck Quartet in 9/8 time, played as 2+2+2+3 and 3+3+3, with some alternating sections of 4/4. Released in 1959; this performance is from 1962:

John Lennon talks about "Revolution 9" (1968) by The Beatles (duh!). Interview from 1974:

Bonus track:
9 Hours of: 639 Hz Solfeggio Frequency to Attract Love ❤ & Raise Positive Energy
(read some of the Youtube comments for a giggle):

• 9 is the only positive perfect power that is one more than another positive perfect power, by Mihăilescu's Theorem.
  • In Mesoamerican mythology, The Lords of the Night is a group of nine deities who each ruled over every ninth night forming a calendrical cycle.
  • The Mayan underworld Xibalba consists of nine levels.
  • In J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth, there are nine rings of power given to men, and consequently, nine ringwraiths. Additionally, The Fellowship of the Ring consists of nine companions.
  • There was a superstition among some notable classical music composers that they would die after completing their ninth symphony. Some composers who died after composing their ninth symphony include Ludwig van Beethoven, Anton Bruckner, Antonin Dvorak and Gustav Mahler.

NoamL

Winter <3
Finally caught up, reading this thread while nursing a cold, and - hey, maybe my ears are off - but the brass walkthrough sounded pretty damn good! :)

if you compare the horns top dynamic at 1:06 (long) vs 0:30 (legato) vs 2:44 (cuivre) you can hear the difference between the top dynamics. Same for comparing the trumpets cuivre (10:02) to normal longs (9:35).

I think the dynamics are widely sampled enough to be serviceable and not limiting. The lowest dynamics are really nice... like they're barely resonating their instruments. Fortissimo seems available unless my sense of balance is all off.

Top Bottom