What's new

Spitfire Appassionata Strings - First Look!

One good point with this library, is that you can play quite fast, and it won't sound sloppy. I agree that it will give quite a majestic tone while doubling other libraries.

Your thumbnails are awesome! (just as the rest of your videos, please don't get this wrong)

Thanks for the review! I was disappointed to hear how abrupt those dynamic layers sound in the violin 1 sustain patch (especially the softer layers). I noticed you didn't play any other sustain patches after that, are they all that bad?

Great review!

You look like a nervous passenger in a car being driven at 120mph when you play, it cracks me up :roflmao:

Thanks Chris, great review. Appassionata is among my favorites, as highlight will greatly compliment orchestral compositions.

oh Man, do you suggest this or TSS ? or CSS ?
Ooo it's interesting, TSS and CSS are definitely on extreme poles of each other I'd say. They both have more or less comprehensive articulations for most cases, but tone wise they're very different. If you only need legato strings, SAS is a good choice, but owning all 3, I'd use SAS to thicken up CSS and TSS.

Thanks for the review! I was disappointed to hear how abrupt those dynamic layers sound in the violin 1 sustain patch (especially the softer layers). I noticed you didn't play any other sustain patches after that, are they all that bad?
Thanks Jeremy! Oh I rarely use sustain patches, hence why I only tried out one. But I'd say they're all pretty similar in this lib.

Nice Review! I also enjoyed your look at Cinematic Frozen Strings. It is good value for money and comes with interesting articulations. I think it's not hard for someone to build their cinematic string ensemble. I do it routinely.

Nice Review! I also enjoyed your look at Cinematic Frozen Strings. It is good value for money and comes with interesting articulations. I think it's not hard for someone to build their cinematic string ensemble. I do it routinely.
Very true!

Hey friends! In today's video, we'll take a look at Spitfire's newest string library, Appassionata Strings, along with a short demo. Enjoy!

Another great (and useful) walkthrough!

One question/comment...although it seems to deliver the goods, there are the occasional (and obtrusive, IMO) bow scratches (example 05:39 on a C)

How do you view, and/or deal with, these inconsistencies?

Of course, most libraries have them, to some degree..."realism", according to some and to some marketing, it is space junk to me...we are not allowed to "stay in the moment" or to extricate ourselves from this endless search/outlay, it would seem.
I look forward to the day I can just blurt out: "Kleiber, 1975, the 5th.....uh,..beer"...and it is all there, including some peanuts and minus the dystopia stuff.

Another great (and useful) walkthrough!

One question/comment...although it seems to deliver the goods, there are the occasional (and obtrusive, IMO) bow scratches (example 05:39 on a C)

How do you view, and/or deal with, these inconsistencies?

Of course, most libraries have them, to some degree..."realism", according to some and to some marketing, it is space junk to me...we are not allowed to "stay in the moment" or to extricate ourselves from this endless search/outlay, it would seem.
I look forward to the day I can just blurt out: "Kleiber, 1975, the 5th.....uh,..beer"...and it is all there, including some peanuts and minus the dystopia stuff.
Hey, thank you! Good question; I honestly either will layer another library on top that kind of covers that, or ignore it altogether in the context of a busier mix. If it's too bad, I'll use a different but similar library.

Thanks a lot for the video! For some reason I still like the transitions, room sound and style of BBC more. I fond the idea of smaller sections, but still like the detail in BBC better.

Top Bottom