Solved - Need orchestrator or help with score preparation

Discussion in 'JOBS Board' started by Skyroads, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Skyroads

Skyroads Member

Hi guys

I'm planning to enter a film scoring contest where the final compositions will be played live by an orchestra of ~ 80 players. It is a MUST that the score has to be playable and have to be in PDF and a common notation software format. The score also must include a conductor stave and clicktrack. All this is heavy stuff for a competition:eek:

Anyway, I've decided to participate but really need help in all the mentioned cases. I've never had the chance or even the ability to write for a real orchestra. My template is structured as a "conductor score" but I really don't know how to get all the stuff written in Cubase to the desired material. Thinking of someone taking my cubase project with the audio files and then put all the stuff together.

If anyone has the skills, time and desire helping me out for this contest please let me know and write me a pm. (English or German)

PS: I didn't start yet because I need to know how I could prepare the project that it would make the collaboration "easier". The whole score will be approx. 4-5 minutes of music.

Thank you:inlove:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  2. Levitanus

Levitanus Active Member

Just give it try)
    I've made my first scores from cubase when I just got to orchestration. Just count about 8 hours per minute of ready music.
    • import everything as midi to one score
    • create one more empty score with final stems
    • start to copy past)
    It's good idea not run cubase at all, if there is no need of pre-listening by jury. You'll feel a BIG freedom)

3. Levitanus

Levitanus Active Member

Attached Files:

bdev likes this.
  4. Farkle

Farkle Senior Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    Hit up @JJP on this forum. It's his job in LA. It's what he does. :)

Mike

Skyroads likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Skyroads

Skyroads Member

Thank you for your tip. As I am a DAW composer only and don't know much about notation, in this case it would not comply with the requirements. It would probably take me 3 years of putting this together alone.:rolleyes:

6. OP
    OP
    Skyroads

Skyroads Member

Hey guys

Thank you so much for your help! I surely will find someone out of the many messages.:thumbsup:

All the best

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  7. bryla

bryla Senior Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Should be noted that the orchestrator cannot have more than 3 IMDb credits for the competition.