What's new

SINE player ready for prime time?

I'm familiarizing with SINE, and something I don't like very much is the uniform, depressing color. I would find useful to have some elements in a different color, to create clearer indications of the elements in the GUI.

OT's design is barely inspired to Lang's Metropolis, so maybe the original film posters may give an idea of how more vivid the designer's imaginary was before ending in a b&w film.

https://www.mymovies.it/film/1927/metropolis/poster/

Paolo

Very stable on a windows 10 slave, VEpro 7

Must say only have bits and pieces so far of O Ts library's.

I am waiting for one or two library's from the old kontakt versions to come over to Sine then i suppose that will be the true test.

Also using it on a Windows 10 VEP7 slaves, and it’s extremely stable, all I have downloaded is JXL Brass so I can’t speak on the other libraries and how they run, but JXL is very solid and I have no issues

No issues for months now with JXL tbones. I use it everyday. At this point I've even forgotten about Sine. That's a good thing. Means its doing it's thing without me having to worry about it.

Totally, very happy with it, can’t say the same for the SF player, I still have to go into VEP to manually change articulations because the keyswitches don’t even work...

I started working with sine in a session in cubase, just a couple of instruments, the session won´t open again, it just freezes, only fix is to take sine out of the vst folders..

I started working with sine in a session in cubase, just a couple of instruments, the session won´t open again, it just freezes, only fix is to take sine out of the vst folders..
The same happens in Reaper. There is a programming flaw in Sine that makes it crash the DAW in a busy project. The only working solution for me is to have Sine instances sit inside VE Pro.

Trying it today, crashing, freezing, downloads not restarting, randomly says my computer is offline. Pretty hesitant to try relying on this for serious work.

Last edited:
Tried the Sine Player for the first time today. Opens fine as an AU in Digital Performer 10.11 and seems to perform wonderfully, but projects with Sine Player instantiated won't reopen. I see the Load screen and then a permanent beachball.

Any ideas? Any DP users have better results?

I can't say that I've been pushing it very hard, but I have a full JXLB template set up, with one Sine per instrument right in Logic and I haven't run into any issues since the last update. I leave them deactivated until i need them. And so far I'm really just using a couple of instruments max.

EDIT: I haven't installed the latest update and am running the version just before that.

Last edited:
I use Sine everyday. Logic crashes a lot, it sort of lags, freezes the whole project. But I like the sound to much. But it’s really annoying and definitely not ok do have that many issues with a player

Im gonna start Twitch streaming soon. You stay in your corner and I’ll stay in mine and things should be ok.
LMK

I have DJ and Dirk on the "stream their channels when I'm offline" thing. couldn't figure out anyone else on here that does that kinda stuff though

I am having problems with Sine stopping responding to incoming midi, Logic X and VEP 7. SSD and plenty of Ram , it's random and not on every instance of Sine, just one or two. Using Berlin Symphonic Strings, and loading all the articulations.

Top Bottom