What's new

Seeking Aleatoric Composer

Maestro77

Joker/Fool
Greetings. I'm looking for a composer to write/score a set of aleatoric orchestral samples for an upcoming library. Not looking for anything groundbreaking, just a standard set of risers, clusters, stabs, etc. Must have experience and examples of your work, please. Looking for a finished score I can give to the orchestra. PM me please, thanks!

Greetings. I'm looking for a composer to write/score a set of aleatoric orchestral samples for an upcoming library. Not looking for anything groundbreaking, just a standard set of risers, clusters, stabs, etc. Must have experience and examples of your work, please. Looking for a finished score I can give to the orchestra. PM me please, thanks!

PM has been sent !

Seeking Aleatoric Composer ....

You must be kidding. Aleatoric music can't be composed. You probably mean orchestral fx. There's a vast difference. Don't have time explain it now .... maybe later ....

Last edited:
I thought this was a, well, different request. Aleatoric is dependent on chance, while you're asking people to draw these randomized effects up for you...kind of a catch 22 there.

You could conceivably just spend time with your orchestra and gain knowledge from the players as far as effects, etc. Given that you mentioned having such resources at your disposal, you could just pick the instrumentalist's brains and have them play way out licks until you hear something you like and want to record. I know Penderecki and Williams spent time with their respective ensembles to get the at times wild sounds they got (I should mention they, especially Williams, practiced a lot of this hands on interaction anyway). I think Mr. Zimmer did so as well.

Unless you have a super short deadline.

In any event, checking/rechecking the actual definition of aleatoric might inspire you in itself as to what you might really want.

Top Bottom