What's new

See any good movies lately?

Big - saw before but been a long time. Holds up well, as most Hanks' movies do. Elizabeth Perkins is so hot. :)

If you need a break from the current film world, I would like to recommend the following to you:

Somewhat more modern:

The Village (2004) : underrated movie by m night shyamalan, great soundtrack, and great twist.
Amelie (2001) : unique storytelling, great soundtrack by yann tiersen.
Barry Lyndon (1975) : a wild life story.
Psycho (1960) : love it especially the ending and great soundtrack.
Come and See (1985) : the most anti-war movie i've seen. second one is grave of the fireflies.
Chinatown (1974) : great movie and great soundtrack. still can't believe jerry goldsmith did the soundtrack for only 10 days.

Not high art. But for some good old fashion suspense/drama fun, "Clickbait" on Netflix is quite entertaining.

(edit: Just finished this. Unfortunately, the ending was pretty dumb.)

Last edited:
Ready or Not - Billed as a "horror comedy film," it's about a newlywed couple where the groom's family has a tradition of playing a game on the wedding night with the couple...but if the game (randomly) chosen is "hide and seek," God help you...

This is not a horror comedy. It's a horror/drama with a few token attempts at humor, and even those few mostly fail and the whole movie fails, badly. Don't bother.

I'm not a big series fan but I watched The Outsider on HBO Max, it's an adaption of a Stephen King book. Lot's of twists and turns and some great acting from Bateman and Mendelsohn and a solid soundtrack.

I have to say Dune as well, I was super sceptical, but seeing it already 4x didn't happen to me for ages. And I love the music which shocked me even more!

As for something more actual:

El hoyo (Der Schacht) Director: Galder Gaztelu-Urrutia

I guess a netflix only movie.

This was really a great dystopic movie (if you know "Cube" then you can have an analogy).
Simple setting and idea which worked for me.
The score was also quite good fitting.

Finally saw Parasite and was surprised. Surprised it won and surprised by some of the characters.
Parasite deserved the Oscars that year. Extremely elaborate screenplay, and it forced me to think/question throughout. Never a mind-numbing moment from start to end.

Last edited:
Recently watched both Creed movies for the first time and I gotta say I really enjoyed them both, the first one was especially good

Saw Joel Coen's "The Tragedy of MacBeth" last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Really minimal, great disturbing atmosphere, and the score fit perfectly. MacBeth isn't one of my favorite Shakespeare plays, and I think this is the most I've ever enjoyed it.

Top Bottom