What's new

Replacement mouthpiece for Tecontrol BBC2?

robcs

I just bought a used Tecontrol BBC2 and I’d like to replace the mouthpiece. They’re cheap enough from Tecontrol, but they want €40 shipping, which is insane for a €9 part that weighs a couple of grams!

I know there are quite a few BBC2 users here on VI-C. Have you found a suitable alternative?

Try to use it without the mouthpiece. I never used it, just the little white plastic tube at the end of the hose. No air goes through but it measures the pressure.

Try to use it without the mouthpiece. I never used it, just the little white plastic tube at the end of the hose. No air goes through but it measures the pressure.
But the BCC2-mouthpiece has a bite- and head sensor in it, and I think @robcs wants to use that also.

Ah, ok. Tried the bite sensor once and went back to the simple breath controller.
I never bought the BCC2, just the simple one, with only breath as a controller.
Learning to play a BC with 3 parameters (breath, head movement and bite) on top of piano playing, seemed a bit to much for me...That looked like learning a completely new instrument. :)
The simple one, tapped more into the practical knowledge I already had. (piano / keyboard, tenor-sax) was enough for me.

I never bought the BCC2, just the simple one, with only breath as a controller.
Learning to play a BC with 3 parameters (breath, head movement and bite) on top of piano playing, seemed a bit to much for me...That looked like learning a completely new instrument. :)
The simple one, tapped more into the practical knowledge I already had. (piano / keyboard, tenor-sax) was enough for me.
Well, it is kind of like a new instrument; that’s the beauty of it. I don’t try to use the head-tilt, but breath and bite do most of what I want. The breath sensor is pretty fast.

Well, it is kind of like a new instrument; that’s the beauty of it. I don’t try to use the head-tilt, but breath and bite do most of what I want. The breath sensor is pretty fast.
I know. I do have the normal TEC-controller. The breath sensor is also perfectly adjustable to your taste with the help of the configuration app. But head-tilt and bite. No not for me.
Hands, breath and modulation wheel. Most of the time it's enough. YMMV.

If I really want to learn a new instrument I would prefer something like this: :)

I know. I do have the normal TEC-controller. The breath sensor is also perfectly adjustable to your taste with the help of the configuration app. But head-tilt and bite. No not for me.
Hands, breath and modulation wheel. Most of the time it's enough. YMMV.

If I really want to learn a new instrument I would prefer something like this: :)

Yeah, I used one of those for a while, too.

A good mod wheel is a joy, but my new keyboard doesn’t have one, and that’s what made me want to give the bite sensor another try. The extra cushioning of the silicone bands gives it some “inertia” that makes it a little easier to control.

Last edited:
I just bought a used Tecontrol BBC2 and I’d like to replace the mouthpiece. They’re cheap enough from Tecontrol, but they want €40 shipping, which is insane for a €9 part that weighs a couple of grams!

I know there are quite a few BBC2 users here on VI-C. Have you found a suitable alternative?
Email TEControl. They'll put it in a regular envelope and send to you for 5 bucks, with the caveat there's no tracking information and no refund if it doesn't show up. Mine arrived after a few days with no issue.

Email TEControl. They'll put it in a regular envelope and send to you for 5 bucks, with the caveat there's no tracking information and no refund if it doesn't show up. Mine arrived after a few days with no issue.
Thank you. I emailed them yesterday hoping they’d do that. Just waiting for a reply!

Just heard back from them, and they will do the same. I’ve ordered two :)

Last edited:
I don't know if the Tecontrol guys ever come on Vi-C, but I want to give them a huge shoutout for excellent support. After buying a couple of replacement mouthpieces, I realized the previous owner had lost the bleed valve that controls airflow. I contacted Tecontrol and they shipped one straight to me even though I hadn't bought the unit direct from them. I wish more companies in this industry (or any other!) had that level of customer care

Top Bottom