What's new

R.I.P. Vangelis - dead at age 79

At the heart of his greatest themes was a simple beauty. Vangelis was a truly remarkable composer. To think that he had no formal music training offers hope to us all. Remember his advice and invest in beauty not in chaos. R I.P.

Sad news indeed. I just hope they will release more music which hasn't been published yet. There is this beautiful piece from the 'Journey to Ithaka' DVD (with the Sean Connery voice-over). So typical Vangelis, just beautiful. The video NASA just released is also a track I haven't heard before. There must be tons of unreleased works.

0E9E3DB6-0C23-4505-9ECE-BC089E978EB0.jpeg
At some point I started doing these portraits of artists who have passed away. I think the first time I became aware of Vangelis was when I saw the TV commercial for the 1492 soundtrack, and was completely blown away. I didn’t even realise it was a soundtrack, I just thought it was the most spectacular and epic concept album ever or something. Only later did I connect the dots to Blade Runner and the Chariots theme (which I’d heard only in some computer game). RIP

0E9E3DB6-0C23-4505-9ECE-BC089E978EB0.jpeg
At some point I started doing these portraits of artists who have passed away. I think the first time I became aware of Vangelis was when I saw the TV commercial for the 1492 soundtrack, and was completely blown away. I didNicen’t even realise it was a soundtrack, I just thought it was the most spectacular and epic concept album ever or something. Only later did I connect the dots to Blade Runner and the Chariots theme (which I’d heard only in some computer game). RIP
Nicely done @krops

Top Bottom